• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Timex reissue digital

A friend of mine pointed this out to me .. thanks a lot lol 

I quite like it .. silver and gold and 135 atm. 

2DB6Z4X.jpg

but the silver is out of stock at the moment.. and I’ve just seen people on the bay selling the gold ones for 195 ?!

why when you can buy it for 135 off Timex UK .. I don’t know.. anyway it’s not got to be this or the Casio carbon next on my hit list .. hope Santa’s listening :whistle:

nSjWX4u.jpg

Edited by Sulie
Spelling
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Rotundus said:

we shall agree to differ :boxing: :laughing2dw:

... but compared to this for 20 quid methinks timex are taking the pi$$ with the price.

casioioioio

I have this one .. paid 15 quid :biggrin:

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, rhaythorne said:

Timex seem to have gone a bit mad with their pricing lately.  The T80 "PAC-MAN" is quite cool but at £69.00 they can keep it.  You could buy seven Casio F91W's for that!  

You've totally nailed it citing these 2 examples. 

Whilst the pricing isn't prohibitive, it just seems daft compared to how many Casio's are available and modable for less than half the price. that pretty much hits the same nail. 

These watches have finally allowed me to get my head around the consept that you can appreciate the existance of a watch without ever needing own it. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Looks like a complete (and not very good) rip off of the '80s Seiko G757...? :hmmm9uh:

large.20190714_093842.jpg.95f76ce66c851621dc17c6bb4407189f.jpg

The original Timex 433 came out in 1982 about the same time as the Seiko not sure who ripped off whom! Not keen on either of them TBF

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, JoT said:

The original Timex 433 came out in 1982 about the same time as the Seiko not sure who ripped off whom! Not keen on either of them TBF

Totally agree with you, I can see why people like them, but they are just not for me. Jody on Just One More Watch loves that style, and I know they sell by the bucket load.

Personally I prefer this for £33.00 (when 4mazon have it on sale)

91yOuVlqfdL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

Totally agree with you, I can see why people like them, but they are just not for me. Jody on Just One More Watch loves that style, and I know they sell by the bucket load.

Personally I prefer this for £33.00 (when 4mazon have it on sale)

91yOuVlqfdL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

These come in a choice of finishes as well :thumbsup:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JoT said:

I think the Seiko was first...mine's dated 1980, and I believe it's a later one.

• Like 1

Timex seem to be going full on with the retro "thing" getting much (paid ?) coverage in various men's fashion sites/ magazines of late. I like it, but it does have a bit of the " £150 " tee shirt going on. Casio does it better in some respects, for less.

• Like 1