• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Anyone tried windscreen repair fluid on a watch glass?

There are various different glass repair products out there, usually for windscreens but now phones and tablets too.  Has anyone tried it on watch crystals?

Normally I just replace, but if it is a fancy shaped or unobtainable this might be a solution for scratched glass.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Always"watching" said:

Interesting subject Scott @scottswatches and it reminds me to ask you and any other knowledgeable members whether a crack in an acrylic crystal can be sealed such that it will allow me to safely wear the watch without ingress of liquid or dirt. 

For the price of an acrylic crystal I would recommend a replacement personally 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, eezy said:

It's been a while back now since mine was done by Auto Windshields so obviously things have improved

I had a huge row with them over a rear window replacement. The Yodel of glass repair companies. Went bust soon after I think.

On 26/10/2020 at 14:43, eezy said:

If it's any help, I had a windscreen repair done years ago and it was awful. Like looking through a blob of clear glue from a glue gun.

I know someone who had a stone chip repaired on their windscreen. The crack was so tight the guy couldn't force the doings in there... even using the pump thingy. So he ended up putting a layer* over the crack and spent 15 mins tarting it up with a blade. 

* I believe there was more than one attempt at this as he kept removing too much with his blade.  :)