• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tag Heuer Professional 1000 989.113N

Evening all,

My first post although have been a silent observer of this forum for a while.

Looking for some advice if possible.

I have recent acquired a Tag Here 989.113N and I would like some guidance on how to tell If I have purchased a genuine item or not.

My concern if that the dial shade appears different to the similar 980.113 model with the black bezel.

Any advice is much appreciated. Also, if someone has any information on this model I would be greatly appreciated. 

Below is a link to an image, for some reason it would let me insert it via URL?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOWw4HyQbM7jCQnkv3KkRFMCOhUtevzu2YitWkS

Any help is much appreciated.

Hopefully this is a better link...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w6LsAB45E1aYqSvu8

That looks to be genuine based on looking at it against other versions, nothing jumping out, but I’m no expert looked at your link against other versions and it looks the same. What did you want to know about the watch?

Hard to give a definitive answer from a single picture but from what I can judge it looks ok, I wouldn't worry too much about it being a different shade from the  980.113 model as they may have used a slightly different colour shade. These tritium lume dials also age slightly differently depending on how and where they have been used / stored.

1 hour ago, Mag2.0 said:

Below is a link to an image, for some reason it would let me insert it via URL?

ACtC-3dW6BafPtV72smkRDMPuz4AMdvRonQHN_fL

Open link in a new tab, then open image in a new tab, then copy and paste.

Ohh wow some fantastic input.

JoT / Scottswatches - im really surprised to learn these dials can go darker! All the models i have seen have featured lighter dials. Interested to know what condition these need to be stored to get them to fade a darker shade!

Nick Parr - would like to know anything and everything. I've grown particularly fond of these older models of late. I haven seen many of this model on the used market. Where these less popular? Not made for very long?

Thanks to everyone for the links to the info. Both sources are good. 

Can anyone confirm that the 'D' series cases are the thicker 'original' version prior to changing the movement over?

3 hours ago, Mag2.0 said:

im really surprised to learn these dials can go darker! All the models i have seen have featured lighter dials. Interested to know what condition these need to be stored to get them to fade a darker shade!

Those dials would possibly have been finished in a clear lacquer and many such finishings will photo react with certain frequencies of UV-B light. This process will introduce a tint to the lacquer and hence the amount of light reflected is altered. Its also possible that there were variances in production. The 2017 Omega Seamaster 300M in Inky blue gloss finish had two fairly distinct different shades between the initial batch and those hitting the shops about a year later .... so dial variance in not out of the question ...

• Like 2