• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Almost as good as a new watch........almost

I like changing out straps on a watch. Once I find a strap that really fits the watch, i'll tend to stick to it but I really like that it gives new personallity and has often been the componant that makes that magical click happen - my most frequent type found in the 'top' box is nato straps.

I especially like when a new strap saves a watch from heading out the door. This has been the case a few times when I've bought one that ticked all the boxes, but it couldn't quite get there on wrist which has happily happened today.

I'd had the NTH Amphion for about 6 months and have really struggled to connect with it:

Screenshot_20201027_183706

This is a wonderful watch. Typical high quality NTH build and dimentions. Beautiful deep black dial which make the gilt markings appear to float. Really like the vintage vibe.

Very nice and comfortable bracelet but it's hardly had any wrist time and I was very close to getting ready to sell it. I couldn't figure out what the issue was and kind of accepted that I just don't connect with SS black subs, even with all these distinctive details. 

Then the other day I saw a picture of a black GMT Master II on a desert coloured nato and it instantly hit me - that is want I wanted a black dial diver to look like. A quick jump onto Watchgecko for a herringbone zulu diver and now six months after purchase, I feel like my watch has finally arrived:

IMG_20201027_164622

As to whether anyone thinks it looks better or not is irrelevant as there's no accounting for folk and their watches but today has felt like a new watch day due to that strip of fabric.

This is a lesson I frequently remember when I find myself drifting to new watches online or shop windows for no good reason!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, antjrice said:

I especially like when a new strap saves a watch from heading out the door.

Your diver looks great on that!  I need to look one up lol.

This became ne of my favourites after I changed the strap, it had even been up for sale.

IMG_20200929_105143455(1).thumb.jpg.507a2a45e983543c76771811c2dc390b.jpg

• Like 1