• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Best Outdoor All Round Watch

I have a G-Shock but tbh, if I was out scrambling around where the watch was going to get wet and maybe take some abuse, I'd grab my Bulova Marine Star diver. 

It's 100M WR, on a nato and well built. Also as it's quartz, I'm not worried about knocking the movement about.

I know that's watch G-Shock are for but that's another story... 

Got a few G-Shocks including a mudman and I have had a Suunto Traverse

To be honest the Suunto was brilliant and I sometimes think I shouldn't have got rid

Mudman is nice but too much money to beat up to be honest so I would go for a basic G-Shock but I suppose it depends in whether you are going to use the gps and compass etc

4 minutes ago, Andy Jackson said:

Got a few G-Shocks including a mudman and I have had a Suunto Traverse

To be honest the Suunto was brilliant and I sometimes think I shouldn't have got rid

Mudman is nice but too much money to beat up to be honest so I would go for a basic G-Shock but I suppose it depends in whether you are going to use the gps and compass etc

There is the Suunto Core, but the traverse seem to be better spec, agree like you say the higher end G Shock are a touch expensive 

For a straight forward analogue watch, for £80, these take a bit of beating.

2513306_R_Z001A?w=750&h=440&qlt=70

From my own personal point of view, and experience, what makes a good "field" watch is something compact and unobtrusive , that doesn't bulk up.your wrist, making it less susceptible to getting damaged. A black dial and White hands, numbers/indices are also desirable.

1 minute ago, it'salivejim said:

Oh Lord, make it stop … :bash:

Sorry. :laughing2dw: I'll ask next time. :(

• Like 1