• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Brew watches

al_kaholik

Retrograph Teal, don’t know why just stood out. Not my style but clean looking, critique would be having ‘retro’ on them, it’s obvious and for me personally takes away something, just me being weird

3 hours ago, Nick Parr 1977 said:

Retrograph Teal, don’t know why just stood out. Not my style but clean looking, critique would be having ‘retro’ on them, it’s obvious and for me personally takes away something, just me being weird

Yes now you mention it, dosnt necessarily take away fro the look of the watch but is retromatic really necessary......well, obviously, a plain old `Automatic` would have been ok.

I can't stand the marketing BS - It sounds like something straight out of a Kickstarter campaign:

"The inspiration comes from bespoke espresso machines that feature a pattern of circular cutouts for drain-grates and heat extraction"

Seriously?

A nice looking watch though, and burgundy is the best looking of the bunch IMHO.

26 minutes ago, sabailand said:

Yes now you mention it, dosnt necessarily take away fro the look of the watch but is retromatic really necessary......well, obviously, a plain old `Automatic` would have been ok.

I couldn’t put my finger on it, I think if I was into retro styles I like it because of the retro style I wouldn’t want it on the watch, it feels overkill and for no reason and in someways detracts from the fact it’s retro

9 hours ago, Davey P said:

I can't stand the marketing BS - It sounds like something straight out of a Kickstarter campaign:

"The inspiration comes from bespoke espresso machines that feature a pattern of circular cutouts for drain-grates and heat extraction"

Seriously?

A nice looking watch though, and burgundy is the best looking of the bunch IMHO.

Advertising is something some people will get and others not. Apparently the markers between 30 and 35s on the chronograph watches is something to do with timing the perfect espresso.

As usual, the marketeering isn't important to me if I like it. 

I think it's a really nice watch. This is where Page & Cooper are missed. They sold this brand and had numerous other small brands that were otherwise hard to come across.

After checking the videos for all 4 watches, I think the green is my favourite, followed by maroon (poor mans burgundy :biggrin:). The case back is nicer than on the blue and black as well.  

Quite tempted actually. But so many nice watches out there, although I haven't a square(ish) watch.

To import into Thailand @ 5% duty +7% VAT, would add 40 pounds to the cost, so based on todays exxchange rate, the total cost would be 369 pounds. That's pretty good really.  

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Caller. said:

I can only suggest you keep an eye on ebay.  They have been sold there before.

2 brew's on there atm, although I don't know the model (both chrono's)