• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Farer Introduce a Pilots Collection

Apart the shade of blue used on one dial. I actually dislike these. Farer seem to have set a quiz for themselves - how many 'piloty' and other watch themes can they add to three watches!  The colour of the hour and minute hands on the blue dial seems an aberration to me - and looks even worse on the white dial!

I quite like the black one, but as they are out of my price comfort zone I guess that is a moot point.  Still, since I have got a reputation around here for my impeccable taste, I thought it worth a mention anyway :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1

I find the bottom one a bit insipid, but it looks ok on the lume shots. The blue on the California dial is a nice colour and for me the best out of the 3. The black could belong to a number of brands, but is ok.

TBH I don’t think any of them would persuade me to part with the best part of £800. Maybe preowned if the price was right.

I like farer's designs and I think they have carved out a distinctive niche however the pricing is on the strong side. 

I think they ride a wave or demand due to the interest of Hodinkee however the rapid expansion of the microbrands world has caught them up so that they no longer stand out for the best reasons. 

Would still be interested in owning one at the future at a better value.