• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Spending limit/justification

2 hours ago, Igerswis said:

What kind of watch are you after? Dress, casual or one for all occasions? Any preference on materials and bracelet or strap?

I would like a dress watch- but especially given the current climate would barely ever wear it!  I'd be happy with it looking pretty waiting to be used occasionally though.  Currently my Explorer 214270 is the top of the heap and it's a great understated watch that is equally at home with a DJ as a T-shirt.

I prefer a bracelet, my Seamaster has a rubber strap and it looks great but is a faff to use.  A strap with a folding clasp would be nice.  I have no overall preference- every watch looks better on something different IMO, with materials also.  I don't picture myself wearing gold watches, but still think a full gold day-date with president bracelet is a great looking piece!  I would like a hulk or pepsi too- but out of principal I'm begrudged to go down that route unless I found one for the actual RRP.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Justification = I want it Spending Limit = I can afford it And that's really all there is to it 

Nail on the head

As someone with several watches in that price range, I’d say half the enjoyment is in the chase. Don’t just look at the top end of your budget as you might find something half the value gives you mu

I would like a dress watch- but especially given the current climate would barely ever wear it!  I'd be happy with it looking pretty waiting to be used occasionally though.  Currently my Explorer 214270 is the top of the heap and it's a great understated watch that is equally at home with a DJ as a T-shirt.
I prefer a bracelet, my Seamaster has a rubber strap and it looks great but is a faff to use.  A strap with a folding clasp would be nice.  I have no overall preference- every watch looks better on something different IMO, with materials also.  I don't picture myself wearing gold watches, but still think a full gold day-date with president bracelet is a great looking piece!  I would like a hulk or pepsi too- but out of principal I'm begrudged to go down that route unless I found one for the actual RRP.

Have you looked at the stainless steel Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and the Bathyscape? They’re around the 10-12k mark after discount.

Something different than going down the Omega or Rolex route. They look good with a suit as well as in more casual clothing.
14 hours ago, Igerswis said:

Have you looked at the stainless steel Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and the Bathyscape? They’re around the 10-12k mark after discount.

Something different than going down the Omega or Rolex route. They look good with a suit as well as in more casual clothing.

I have but unsure of the Fifty Fathoms, it is definitely one I need to try on before making the call.  The bathyscaphe looks great but again needs to be on the wrist for a decision!