• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Friiiiiidaaaayy! What are you wearing?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning, this one:

This one this morning .

Posted Images

Well that was worth it.. back to work after seven months.. four days or remember stuff and kick starting the brain .. the. Crambo:rolleyes: oh well Christmas off and plenty of time to finally sort the house out :yes: have a good one all 

UANTraU.jpg

9 minutes ago, Davey P said:

A gorgeous TW Steel for me today:

DSCF3976

:thumbsup:

That very nice Dave.. is that a green dial? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Sulie said:

That very nice Dave.. is that a green dial? 

No mate, it's pure black - This pic probably shows it better:

20170303_143822

It's a lovely looking watch in the flesh, but at around 48mm it's not for the faint hearted or anyone with weedy wrists :tongue:  Fine for a big-boned fella like me though, obviously :laugh:

• Like 4

Morning,

Today this 1960s Bernex with its 15j FHF 70.

The brand is attributed to George Bouverat, initially founded 1855 in Les Breuleux, Switzerland, followed in 1919 by the import agency of George Bouverat & Co Ltd in Birmingham which this ad shows as still being extant in the 1950s. The Bernex name now seems to be associated with a residential property address in Chichester.

New quartz-driven “Bernex 1919” watches can be bought today from High St jewellers with the movements being billed as “hand winding mechanical”. Oh dear.

Regards.

Bernex v.3.jpg

Bernex FHF 70 v.3.jpg

Bernex watch advert 1950s.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Set the X33 Speedmaster 3291.50 today. The calibre 1666 is not the most accurate quartz movement in the world (designated as -0.3 sec to +0.5 sec per day) - mine loses a second every three or four days so it needs resetting regularly. Had to synchronise the hands as well they were two seconds out for some reason, probably when I last set the watch, but it is easy enough to do.

It's an ugly watch by most standards but I do enjoy it and its NASA heritage, the 3291.50 (aka Generation 2) was only for sale to the public between 2001 and 2006 and by all accounts Omega didn't sell many with potential customers put-off by the looks and relative inaccuracy of the quartz movement when the likes of Breitling were offering the B1, a much better looking watch, with an accurate "Superquartz" movement.

It's a keeper, as it is quirky and uncommon, hopefully there will be enough spares to keep it going well into the future

large.P2090357.JPG.1200be2800cf21389961c0810c0367d4.JPGlarge.P2090356.JPG.d35f3167fcd192469a1f0ceb834729f4.JPG

• Like 11