• Marathon Navigator

• Seiko 7548-700B

• Omega Speedmaster X33 (Gen 2)

• Newmark 52 Field

• Breitling E7936210 Aerospace

large.723336080_IMAG18612.jpg.ae50c672ecbfd41f2ef6948d8836829c.jpg

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Today I am trying out one of these DKNY quartz chronograph watches which I bought for a fiver in pretty good condition but with a couple of minor issues that don't prevent the watch from being worn and enjoyed. The watch is a bit unusual in that the gold-plated 38 mm case and bracelet are in "solid aluminium" with a strap buckle in stainless steel and this use of aluminium gives the watch a lightweight feel on the wrist which is rather good. The colour and texture of the gold tone case and strap are really nice; a delicate shade of rose gold and neither glossy or matt but a subtle sheen. The dial has a subtle sunburst texture and polished gold coloured markers and hands with lume on the hour and minute hands; it too is of a delicate rose gold colour, with the slim bezel enlivened by 54 small crystals that are not too blingy.

The watch has a commonly used quartz chronograph setup; chrono seconds and minutes registers plus a twenty-four hour register and date window. Water resistance is at 50 metres. This item is DKNY model NY-8324 and it is now just past its general availability time; I rather like it.

ny8364-oro-rosa-con-multifunciones-para-

NY8364-2.jpg

(Above two pics from winnebois.com at ih5.googleusercontent.com)

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Today I am trying out one of these DKNY quartz chronograph watches which I bought for a fiver in pretty good condition but with a couple of minor issues that don't prevent the watch from being worn and enjoyed. The watch is a bit unusual in that the gold-plated 38 mm case and bracelet are in "solid aluminium" with a strap buckle in stainless steel and this use of aluminium gives the watch a lightweight feel on the wrist which is rather good. The colour and texture of the gold tone case and strap are really nice; a delicate shade of rose gold and neither glossy or matt but a subtle sheen. The dial has a subtle sunburst texture and polished gold coloured markers and hands with lume on the hour and minute hands; it too is of a delicate rose gold colour, with the slim bezel enlivened by 54 small crystals that are not too blingy.

The watch has a commonly used quartz chronograph setup; chrono seconds and minutes registers plus a twenty-four hour register and date window. Water resistance is at 50 metres. This item is DKNY model NY-8324 and it is now just past its general availability time; I rather like it.

ny8364-oro-rosa-con-multifunciones-para-

NY8364-2.jpg

(Above two pics from winnebois.com at ih5.googleusercontent.com)
I`ve never met you or likely to for that matter Always watching, but i just cant imagine you wearing that watch somehow, i just dont think its you. :rolleyes:

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
THIS Seiko above :yes: :thumbsup:

Some great watches there! What is your experience with the X33? I always liked the look of them? Also the Aerospace? I have been tempted :)

Cheers Martin
Martin the X33 is an ugly thing with a quartz movement not known for its accuracy but it is such a cool watch and not very common. The Aerospace is thin and very light you hardly know you are wearing it, superquartz movement accurate to a few seconds a year a tool watch but it also looks good as a dress watch. Only downside with the Aerospace is all the functions are controlled by the single small crown, it is clever but very fiddly. I like both of them but for different reasons but if I was to choose one it would be the X33

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Where do I start.......a 'few' Seiko 4004 export quartz watches (1975 to 1978 ish....)

FrxTHsB.jpg

And a 'few' more of earlier ones and slightly later 7546's and 7123's and other assorted Seiko ones from the late 1970's, early 1980's........... :whistle:

XUo4iOE.jpg

7546's

DHuWX0Y.jpg

7123's

K9U7cOI.jpg

BnlVrGL.jpg

iCzNoUH.jpg

......... These are just the bulk of the Seiko's, there are more, and other makes, though very little newer than about 35 years old...

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Casio - sorry it is upside down @Roger the Dodger

Never mind RG, I still like it...though I was more attracted to your gorgeous ring. Alright...stop sniggering in the back rows....I meant the one on her finger. Honestly...what are you lot like.....?

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dear @sabailand, many watches have passed by on this thread before I have managed to reply to your witty comment. Generally speaking, you are correct, and I wouldn't wear it in "polite society." However, we are in lockdown at the moment, so only Kristina is likely to see me wearing it, and every now and then I do fancy a little bit of bling - not too much, mind. :biggrin:

Here is the other watch I am wearing at the moment, for timing my exercise walks in the local countryside - far more sober and another charity shop bargain, bought in never used condition (pic from limitwatches.co.uk):

5711a.png

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dear @sabailand, many watches have passed by on this thread before I have managed to reply to your witty comment. Generally speaking, you are correct, and I wouldn't wear it in "polite society." However, we are in lockdown at the moment, so only Kristina is likely to see me wearing it, and every now and then I do fancy a little bit of bling - not too much, mind. :biggrin: We get up to allsorts in the privacy of our own homes Always watching, you can wear what you want, just make sure the doors are locked and the curtains are pulled on. :tongue:

Here is the other watch I am wearing at the moment, for timing my exercise walks in the local countryside - far more sober and another charity shop bargain, bought in never used condition (pic from limitwatches.co.uk):

5711a.png

#35 ·
Only two these days. Both Christopher Ward C70s.

C70BE Ascari Chronometer. Celebrates the inaugural Belgian Grand Prix won by Antonio Ascari.

View attachment 24144

C70DBR1. Celebrates the 1959 24 Heures du Mans won by Salvadori and Shelby for Aston Martin.

View attachment 23937

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.