• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Your Quartz Watches

JoT

Today I am trying out one of these DKNY quartz chronograph watches which I bought for a fiver in pretty good condition but with a couple of minor issues that don't prevent the watch from being worn and enjoyed. The watch is a bit unusual in that the gold-plated 38 mm case and bracelet are in "solid aluminium" with a strap buckle in stainless steel and this use of aluminium gives the watch a lightweight feel on the wrist which is rather good. The colour and texture of the gold tone case and strap are really nice; a delicate shade of rose gold and neither glossy or matt but a subtle sheen. The dial has a subtle sunburst texture and polished gold coloured markers and hands with lume on the hour and minute hands; it too is of a delicate rose gold colour, with the slim bezel enlivened by 54 small crystals that are not too blingy.

The watch has a commonly used quartz chronograph setup; chrono seconds and minutes registers plus a twenty-four hour register and date window. Water resistance is at 50 metres. This item is DKNY model NY-8324 and it is now just past its general availability time; I rather like it.

ny8364-oro-rosa-con-multifunciones-para-

NY8364-2.jpg

(Above two pics from winnebois.com at ih5.googleusercontent.com)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Always"watching" said:

Today I am trying out one of these DKNY quartz chronograph watches which I bought for a fiver in pretty good condition but with a couple of minor issues that don't prevent the watch from being worn and enjoyed. The watch is a bit unusual in that the gold-plated 38 mm case and bracelet are in "solid aluminium" with a strap buckle in stainless steel and this use of aluminium gives the watch a lightweight feel on the wrist which is rather good. The colour and texture of the gold tone case and strap are really nice; a delicate shade of rose gold and neither glossy or matt but a subtle sheen. The dial has a subtle sunburst texture and polished gold coloured markers and hands with lume on the hour and minute hands; it too is of a delicate rose gold colour, with the slim bezel enlivened by 54 small crystals that are not too blingy.

The watch has a commonly used quartz chronograph setup; chrono seconds and minutes registers plus a twenty-four hour register and date window. Water resistance is at 50 metres. This item is DKNY model NY-8324 and it is now just past its general availability time; I rather like it.

ny8364-oro-rosa-con-multifunciones-para-

NY8364-2.jpg

(Above two pics from winnebois.com at ih5.googleusercontent.com)

I`ve never met you or likely to for that matter Always watching, but i just cant imagine you wearing that watch somehow, i just dont think its you. :rolleyes:

Edited by sabailand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where do I start.......a 'few' Seiko 4004 export quartz watches (1975 to 1978 ish....)

FrxTHsB.jpg

And a 'few' more of earlier ones and slightly later 7546's and 7123's and other assorted Seiko ones from the late 1970's, early 1980's...........:whistle:

XUo4iOE.jpg

7546's

DHuWX0Y.jpg

7123's

K9U7cOI.jpg

BnlVrGL.jpg

iCzNoUH.jpg

......... These are just the bulk of the Seiko's, there are more, and other makes, though very little newer than about 35 years old...

Edited by John_D
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, John_D said:

Where do I start.......a 'few' Seiko 4004 export quartz watches (1975 to 1978 ish....

......... These are just the bulk of the Seiko's, there are more, and other makes, though very little newer than about 35 years old...

Very nice! Impressive collection. So you like a Seiko then! :laugh:

22 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Early Seiko quartz watches, yes, they did start it all after all:cool:

My earliest, this 3803 from August 1972, the very earliest export one of these that I have seen shown any where on the internet, though there are some earlier JDM ones about......

nFFjEKJ.jpg

And if you fancy something 'quirky' this Seiko 0903-5009 from 1975.....

kBf9LaH.jpg

Of course the jewel in the crown....

mVh2My8.jpg

Edited by John_D
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

70261937_153496505721595_4127634670068170752_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=IHEw7cJHXugAX-n6LI2&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=799a20a68a2ebdb01c9a13eeb4943acd&oe=5FCACF95

THIS Seiko above :yes: :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, martinzx said:

Some great watches there! What is your experience with the X33? I always liked the look of them? Also the Aerospace? I have been tempted :)

Cheers Martin

Martin the X33 is an ugly thing with a quartz movement not known for its accuracy but it is such a cool watch and not very common. The Aerospace is thin and very light you hardly know you are wearing it, superquartz movement accurate to a few seconds a year a tool watch but it also looks good as a dress watch. Only downside with the Aerospace is all the functions are controlled by the single small crown, it is clever but very fiddly. I like both of them but for different reasons but if I was to choose one it would be the X33

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

I have to confess this is the only watch I own that I have never worn, it is just in the box on the mantlepiece.

The box is nearly as good as the watch ...

IMG_20200704_123836416(1)(1)(1).jpg.54f6ad5444cc4c2d7e07ecf800bb4e42.jpg

I went through a 24 hour watch phase and never managed to bag one at the time, I like the concept and would like to see Seiko update it with a 40mm model. The box is superb as well!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, martinzx said:

I scratched the 'Timex itch' for their early electric and electronic offerings very early this year, most of them, and a very few early 'Q' quartz ones, here:-

mkY7B3O.jpg

all bought for peanuts and 'fixed':whistling:

Some very interesting quartz watches being shown on here :thumbsup:. Anyone else have any really early examples , or have I cornered the market?:whistling: I started collecting the 4004's about 5 years ago when there was no interest in them and sub £10 examples on eBay were the norm, but they have since become collectable and prices have shot up alarmingly over the last year or so. :( The same has happened with the 7123's and 7546's are becoming increasingly rare due to so many being stripped and their movements being used for spares for 7548 divers.....

Edited by John_D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

Heck!!, I have a few hundred Qtz watches!!

here's a few of my faves, They're mostly (All!!) cheapo's compared with the top end stuff though!

QTtR9xV.jpg

John..

Hi John,

I like this model, never seen it before.
Thanks for posting
Cheers Martin :thumbsup:

Dear @sabailand, many watches have passed by on this thread before I have managed to reply to your witty comment. Generally speaking, you are correct, and I wouldn't wear it in "polite society." However, we are in lockdown at the moment, so only Kristina is likely to see me wearing it, and every now and then I do fancy a little bit of bling - not too much, mind.:biggrin:

Here is the other watch I am wearing at the moment, for timing my exercise walks in the local countryside - far more sober and another charity shop bargain, bought in never used condition (pic from limitwatches.co.uk):

5711a.png

• Like 1