• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decided to come back on the forum and block whoever I need to. Anyone who doesn’t like my posts can do the same Zenith Stratos today:

Speedy reduced today:  

Good morning chap's. I am not buying any more watches. [emoji17] Well maybe the odd one or two. [emoji16]

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Igerswis said:

Decided to come back on the forum and block whoever I need to. Anyone who doesn’t like my posts can do the same

Zenith Stratos today:

7eb46d1ce9edcc820d24742b9bc9d6d6.jpeg

That's a beautiful watch and the photo is top class. 

• Like 3

Some nice pieces on display already this morning :yes:

Vostok Komandirskie 1965 for me while I try and psyche myself up to start painting the hall 

large.P8130077s.jpg.54043a62314d9345cc66221ee0689186.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Morning,

This 1930s Inventic with blued hands and screw heads, is another from my watchmaker’s magical “discards” box and one of the earlier (1915) of many brands registered by Eduard Kummer's Ebauches Bettlach as discussed here by Honour:

Today’s effort runs on an EB 698 which in other non-Kummer brands also sees service as the AS 698.

Regards.

Inventic after 2 v.2.jpg

Inventic EB 698 after v.2.jpg

Edited by Balaton1109
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Early Snowite metal version of the Rolex Oyster case used for the Rolco and Unicorn branded versions.

IMG_20201109_105630526(1).thumb.jpg.c09b2d22832ba1bf8460b3508eaa7cee.jpg

The strap looks OK in the pictures but I am still looking - but because the lugs are horizontal rather than angled it needs to be very flexible if a one-piece is to be used.  I heard silk watch straps were a thing.

HAGD

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Morning all, back on furlough so back on with the house renovations... will take this off so not to ding it :whistle:

have a :yes:good one 

dMUiM8j.jpg

4 hours ago, Igerswis said:

Decided to come back on the forum and block whoever I need to. Anyone who doesn’t like my posts can do the same

Zenith Stratos today:

7eb46d1ce9edcc820d24742b9bc9d6d6.jpeg

Lovely photo :yes:

4 hours ago, chocko said:

Tissot Ttouch

Is that my old one ? Looks fabulous :thumbs_up:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Sulie said:

Morning all, back on furlough so back on with the house renovations... will take this off so not to ding it :whistle:

dMUiM8j.jpg

Yes I reblacked letters and light polished case also different strap. 

23 minutes ago, Sulie said:

dMUiM8j.jpg

54 minutes ago, mach 0.0013137 said:

I`ve probably said this before but I think these make a rather good couple...

Laco Model 862014, ETA F06 & Orient CEM58001B (Slide Rule), cal. 469 21 jewels

1255207040_ORIENT--LACO-DSC_0054.gif.4495825d825a192ea32cda642c90b50a(1).thumb.gif.c44013bcf736f0b77727d74b2d890550.gif

:biggrin:

I like the Laco & have had a couple in the past - lovely case design but too big for my 6 3/4" spindle hence me selling them. Good to see one again though :clap:

I'm wearing Borealis Oceanaut again - my brass/bronze watches (I own an Armida A7 as well) are getting all my wrist attention at the moment. So much so that I'm thinking of having a cull of my other watches. I also have a couple of incomings - both covid delayed unfortunately :( - so could do with clearing the decks a bit.

Hope you all have a good week :thumbs_up:

be2jVEq.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1