• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thursday watch  Omega Seamaster 300m

Posted Images

I have made myself another strap made of  solid green military canvas from Vietnam war with light green stitching. Tomorrow Friday is weekend in Dubai, I will test it at sea in scuba diving ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Morning,

1950s Audax today, with a 17j ETA 1080. 

There are various attributions for this brand name, explored here by Honour with helpful contributions by others: https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/109937-audax-watches-hunting-down-the-history/

As an aside, I’m all too frequently reminded by Mrs B that I’m prone to logic bypasses. However, the phrasing of this Huber ad from the 1950s seems to suggest that they were promoting free “All Risks” insurance (perhaps underwritten at Lloyd’s) for their Audax watches, as opposed to advertising “Audax All Risks”-branded watches per se. Do such animals exist and, if not so branded, what is their identifier I wonder?

Regards.

Audax 2018 v.3.jpg

Audax ETA 1080 2018 v.3.jpg

Audax watch advert 1950s.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
3 hours ago, Davey P said:

One of my favourites, the mighty G-Shock Carbon Core for me today:

20200519_150016

:yahoo:

I do like this one Davey - great photo & it looks fantastic :thumbs_up:

I've got my Oceanaut on yet again - nothing else is getting a look in at the moment :jawdrop1::clap:

be2jVEq.jpg

• Like 6