• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I bought a Seiko Alpinist SARB017.

Changed the watch band.The original strap that comes with the watch looks cool but it is really uncomfortable to wear so I changed it to the strap I had on my Cronos watch.That watch came with 2 straps,a rubber one that is now on my Invicta 8928ob and a suede one that I put back on the Cronos

DSC09005.JPG

DSC09002.JPG

DSC09018.JPG

On 20/11/2020 at 02:57, GongNong88 said:

Lume shot

DSC09026.JPG

DSC09029.JPG

It looks much better on that strap. Ive been wearing my sarb0 on a geckota italian 'ginger bread' suede. Worth a look, as it would look good with green. Comfy strap too. 

11 hours ago, Nigelp said:

It looks much better on that strap. Ive been wearing my sarb0 on a geckota italian 'ginger bread' suede. Worth a look, as it would look good with green. Comfy strap too. 

Sounds cool! Do you have a photo of yours? I'd love to see it. Right now I put the Seiko calfskin strap on my Cronos watch and the Cronos suede strap on the Seiko.I switched the buckles too.

DSC09066.JPG

DSC09061.JPG

I also ordered this Dassari strap from StrapsCo.

s_l1600(5).jpg

strap_2.jpg

The one I ordered is 20mm

strap.jpg

Edited by GongNong88

One of my favourite Seiko models. 

Similar to the technology used in luminous watches, solar watches use various kinds of technologies. It means that the Seiko solar watch that I’ve owned for a couple of decades now are not the same as the solar watches Seiko manufactured in recent years.

Massive developments in storage capacity and efficiency have taken place since Seiko solar watches have been introduced in the market. I just bought a Seiko Prospex Divers watch, and I like that it has a 10-month power reserve.

It is a fact that solar-powered watches do not get all their energy from the sun. They can both get power from sunlight or artificial light such as light bulbs. Therefore, it is safe to say that it’s not only long-lasting but also reliable since you can charge it either you’re in or out of your house.

Really love them.