• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Peerex 1954, Swiss made with Rolled GoldExcalibur “Model 50” Bracelet...advice gratefully received

Hi All,

My very first posting, so please go easy :) 

Just entering this world, inspired by my late fathers 21 st Birthday present ,  this Peerex watch,  With rolled ,  “expandable” gold bracelet.
Its an inscribed Watch which dates it from 1954, what was Dads 21st birthday.

The watch is working, but appears to be running a little slow., after a few hours testing I noted  a minute dropped.

i thought to include a photOhere, but couldn’t see a way how to attach an image (My ignorance, sorry) Other than by URL?

anyhow, any information Or advice here much appreciated specifically regards to my current thought about separating the watch from bracelet, as I am more likely to wear a leather strap than the rolled gold etc.
I have seen a similiar watch here on line which talks about it being a brand Used by Stauffer  from 1930s.

https://www.loveantiques.com/items/listings/gents-1950s-peerex-wrist-watch-LA57494

my watch is almost identical face to the one in the link above, except that their is no “anti magnetic” writing over the small seconds dial

it would be nice to alternate this Watch , after a professional clean, with my day to day Bulova... on a brown leather strap....but not sure if I could cause damage by the separation, or Indeed if this would greatly effect it’s value etc.

in terms of value, I doubt it expensive, but would be interesting to know all the same. As it is inscribed, which no doubt reduces book value.

on other matters.... as I look to start a small collection...of older swiss watches that I will wear and enjoy...are there  any pointers to Obscure but fun and faithful )brands to look for?

Fully appreciate beauty is always in eyes of beholder ... but keen to hear any guidance / preferences from the forum on prudent Swiss made pieces to look out for online (that I may purchase for under £200), as I say, what I hope to be a fun, start to a collection.

Thanks all For your time reading this,

Bob

• Like 1