• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

My maiden voyage into VDW

I've just acquired a casio SA-101G touch sensor in a reasonable state not counting the bleeding LCD and missing bracelet i spotted on the bay a little while back. Funny thing was i initially missed the auction for this watch, but to my surprise some days later it was relisted, (guessing the winning bidder bailed) so i was happy to snap up the watch without any competition. Although the postage cost me more than the watch.

I've been doing some research online trying to find some information on the watch but i can't find anything online about it, not even a picture. What i did manege to find out is that this watch shares the same module: 436 as the SA-100G but other than that i don't know much else about it. Would love to know what the original bracelet looks like but i have seen the SA-100G bracelet but again i don't know if it shares the same with the 101G like the module does.

My next step now is waiting on the new battery to arrive to see if it actually works or not.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Dear @watro, I have found this example of the SA101 with module 430 online and the illustrations give some idea of the original bracelet (which I have now seen on another of these Casio touch sensor watches). Your own watch is gold plated and I would think that the original bracelet will be a gold plated version of the bracelet shown on the watch here below (pics from i.ebayimg.com):

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for posting this up. seeing this image has made me try some other search terms which has yielded some results. I've just seen a 100G with what looks like the original bracelet. But finding one for mine will be a tall order.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

A little update.

Ok the new battery has arrived, so i pulled off the case back and put in the new battery and as i expected, nothing. Dead as a dodo. Now using the same flat-head screwdriver i used to remove the case back does not fit in the screws holding the movement in the case, seems slightly too big. Now on the hunt for a small enough flat-head screw driver.