• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Bauche Stargazer Triple Calendar Concept

Hi Everyone!

It has been awhile since i last posted the following on this forum, which was a survey to generate findings what people would like to see in an MB watch. 

First, i would like to officially introduce the launch of my new Microbrand - Bauche - based in Singapore.

After months of deliberating, working with a couple of talented watch designers, throwing different ideas onto the table, ironing out technical and engineering feasibilities, identifying trends, USPs, sellability, colour schemes, design symmetry, case design, design DNA for the brand, we've finally nailed down a concept that we hope to launch in Kickstarter/Crowdfunding Q2 2021!

Presenting to you, the Bauche Stargazer Triple Calendar concept - a unique offering that combines 2 different type of stones on a single dial.

125217810_165871068577045_5440984194430764491_n.png?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=iaGapkLd_rcAX87wd1D&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-2.xx&oh=2eae9c9a8b42a6c56ff1621528cf3b05&oe=5FD760E9

Using the Aventurine stone as a base, the second stone represents 'Floating Planets' in space. Stone offering candidates are Malachite, Meteorite, Tiger's Eye, Lapis Lazuli and Obsidian.
This is only a draft concept, with finer details such as the hour and minute hands, pushers, crown position still to be worked on for legibility purposes.

Your feedback and comments are very much welcome and appreciated!

To follow the watch development journey and launch on crowdfunding platforms:  https://www.facebook.com/bauchewatches

We've listened to the ground from the initial launch of the Stargazer concept here on League of Watch Microbrands, making tweaks on finer details to ensure the product stays relevant to market wants and needs.
Leaving no stones left unturned, we've relooked at our entire line up, pouring through many different varieties of stones, using the Aventurine stone as the base, finding and selecting a suitable second stone that has the closest resemblance to our Floating Planets' in space theme.

The hour, minute and seconds hands were reworked to ensure that they don't take the focus away from the star of the show - the unique combination of stones - all while keeping in mind legibility for easy time reading. The pushers and crowns are worked and placed to ensure they run smoothly with the curves of the case design.

And with confidence, we proudly present the full line up of the Stargazer Triple Calendar collection!

Prototyping of the product will start at the end of November 2020.

125190982_166467918517360_6547390819726666954_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=uGeDWyyfZjMAX-O3LtI&_nc_ht=scontent.fsin8-2.fna&oh=0c0a152a55cd9b16e65513857af54cb9&oe=5FDAA6EF

The first thing I noticed was that your design very much echoes that of the Russian classic, the Raketa Copernic. 

Having said that, I can't at this moment describe how I feel about your Stargazer collection although I would like to more about the specifications - in particular, the movement and the "triple calendar" functions. 

I also think that, unlike my usual self, I need some input from other Forum members before I pass my personal judgement on your Stargazer.

56 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

The first thing I noticed was that your design very much echoes that of the Russian classic, the Raketa Copernic

Same here,

W-05-16-10-0265-3.jpg

raketa-copernicus-black.jpg

the other  comment I would make at the moment, is it wrong to assume everyone uses Facebook, I don't, and wont.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The inspiration was based on astro clocks, floating planets and certainly the Raketa Copernicus. Several watch collectors have also brought up the watch's close resemblance to another MB brand, the Beaubleu Paris.

The MB world is diverse, and we've prepared for any close resemblance to other brands, hence, we've infused the design with our own original ideas as much as possible. 

The original idea is to have an asymmetrical concept imbued with a space theme using 2 stone as the dial of the watch. 

Hence, with price point in mind, the Miyota 9122 was selected as the movement that powers the watch. This is where the triple calendar fuction comes into play. The choice of movement also allows us to assimiliate the asymmetrical concept within the dial design. However, it also leaves us with the next question:  how do we incorporate symmetry within an assymemtrical design, so it won't get on anyone's nerves! 

With this in mind, we took careful considerations to ensure we are not copying, but use existing designs and see how we can make it better using our own original ideas. Hence, the Raketa Corpenicus was looked to for inspiration to achieve the symmetry within the asymmetrical concept.

Part of the brand's concept is to use existing movements and taking it to the next level. Although Microbrands are constraint by what is available to us - in this case, the watch movements - what we strive to achieve is how to creatively use existing movements into our design ideas. 

On 17/11/2020 at 18:01, WRENCH said:

Same here,

W-05-16-10-0265-3.jpg

raketa-copernicus-black.jpg

the other  comment I would make at the moment, is it wrong to assume everyone uses Facebook, I don't, and wont.

Agreed, with both the Raketa and the facebook bits!

I like the appearnce of the Neptune dial from the small shot, but find the handset difficult to follow with the two large circles

It does look a lot like the Raketa - but you wouldn't be the 1st Microbrand to produce a watch similar to a more major brand.

I think its a nice design - but I now appreciate watches that you can 'glance' at to tell the time instead of having to peer a bit to 'read' them - so its probably not for me this time around. But great work and I hope you do well :thumbsup: