• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

A "special" incoming for me today.

Nice one mate, and congratulations, you are clearly going to get a lot of enjoyment out of that :thumbs_up:

As my 60th birthday loomed last year I felt the same as you, but I took a slightly different approach and a few months before the big day I bought myself a Porsche :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@marley Lovely!

My Speedy was sort of for my 60th in 2017, bought with money I inherited from my mother.

I was going to by a Rolex Exp 1 for my retirement (sort of semi-retired in July this year) but ended up with a MeisterSinger instead.

And yeah, my travelling plans are scuppered for now! So I feel a real empathy here. Congratulations - enjoy wearing it in better times to come. :beach:

Edited by AVO
  • Like 1

while i am past 60:(, i have promised myself a retirment watch as retired march this year, covid and my own self reluctance to purchase while the world is in turmoil is a couple  of the reasons i am still waiting to pull the trigger, but i will:biggrin:

congrats and hope you have a long & happy retirement, roll on next year :thumbsup:

deano

• Like 1

Lovely watch:cool: Must admit it's the only Rolex I'd be happy with, generally can't get excited by the make.....Enjoy your retirement, I managed it 15 years ago, at 58........the last 15 years have flown by, can't believe I found time to work before that......had a few foreign trips, individually with my wife and two sons, in the first year or so, never gifted myself a retirement watch though, but did settle for getting my 21st birthday present Jaquet Droz chronograph restored.....:thumbsup:

cUU6o3G.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for all the comments..

I must be honest...Im loving retirement.....of course, it would have been even better, if this covid wasnt here.........but hey ho! Im hoping to spend winter 2021 in the sun...so will see what happens!

I do really like the No date sub...Im not a fan of cyclops, (even if they are sort of "iconic" with Rolex?)...my eyesight isnt great close up...........I cant see the date even with a cyclops! So its not much use to me...I find the dial a bit neater/cleaner / without a cyclops....many dont though!

I obviously, paid more for this 5 year ols one, than for the R.R.P. of the new 41mm no date sub........Only trouble is, they are of course a little hard to buy new!

Ive bought and then sold dozens of watches in a few years...Hopefuly, this sub will stay with me forever...when Im gone...my daughter can do whatever she wants with it!!  lol!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1