• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday WRUW today?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The lovely Lorus. HAGD

Out with the dog in the peaks. Have a good weekend all!   

Posted Images

Another lovely chrono, although I will have to take another picture and blow it up to figure out my time, after I have undertaken my exertions.

IMG_20201121_075437519(1).thumb.jpg.d25a69b9bdf0eb4a74e02cb1f45fd42a.jpg

I have a few autos scattered about in winders now, including my bullhead Citizen chrono, but while that watch may be fine for timing sprints in one's Ferrari, actual running impairs its precision.  So this is my grab and go for pounding the pavements.

• Like 10

Bit of a 'Trigger's broom' for me today. A Casio DW 6630B like the one below was bought back in 1998 for use at work. I wore it for a year, then for some reason, the module packed up. About a month after this happened, I was on holiday on Jersey and a chance stroll down a backstreet in one of the towns (I really can't remember which) found me in front of a little watch shop and I saw the identical watch in the window. However, the backlight didn't work, but as I never used it anyway, I negotiated and bought the watch for a reduced price. It then served me well for 14-15 years at work as a landscaper, until I retired it, battered and bruised for another watch. After I retired, I set about 'rewarding' it for it's impeccable service and only two battery changes in all that time. I scoured t'internet for a new case shroud, but was unlucky. Then our dear friend @Davey P came to the rescue with an identical watch that had been painted black and gave it to me in  the hope that I could get the paint off. Sadly, I couldn't, but the watch had a perfect module with a working backlight! So the old module was replaced with Davey's and I eventually found a new case, though I still need a strap. It may not be the original watch any more, but still makes me smile when I wear it.

After 14 years hard graft...
Casio

And now with a fully working module and new shroud.
Casio DW 6630B

Casio DW 6630B

Backlight, too!

Casio DW 6630B

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Morning,

Today this French-made Kered (Louis Braham, threads passim) and is another “Resurrection Special” from my watchmaker  -  called Derek, as it happens.

Housed in what is probably anodised aluminium, this one is powered by a 15j Cupillard 233 and I’ve included a “before” image in case anyone’s interested.

Regards.

Kered before v.2.jpg

Kered after 6 v.2.jpg

Kered Cupillard 233 after v.2.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
5 minutes ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Today this French-made Kered (Louis Braham, threads passim) and is another “Resurrection Special” from my watchmaker  -  called Derek, as it happens.

Housed in what is probably anodised aluminium, this one is powered by a 15j Cupillard 233 and I’ve included a “before” image in case anyone’s interested.

Regards.

Kered before v.2.jpg

Kered after 6 v.2.jpg

Kered Cupillard 233 after v.2.jpg

Very nice, Dave.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Then our dear friend @Davey P came to the rescue with an identical watch that had been painted black and gave it to me in  the hope that I could get the paint off. Sadly, I couldn't, but the watch had a perfect module with a working backlight! So the old module was replaced with Davey's and I eventually found a new case, though I still need a strap. It may not be the original watch any more, but still makes me smile when I wear it.

Excellent stuff, I'd forgotten about that - Looks awesome mate :thumbsup:

It's the iTime Phantom for me today:

2013-07-23 13.17.47

:yahoo:

• Like 9