UK Watch Forum banner

Senior Sunday (pre-1980)

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Nigelp 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
Morning,

A lump of '70s steel with this Jules Jürgensen which is powered by the 13j ESA 9154 Dynotron and wears every bit as chunky as it looks.

J.J. has a fascinating but ever-descending history. However, back in the day, this was a high quality brand, some rare examples of which have fetched eye-watering prices - like six-figure eye-watering.

For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, today's effort is not one of those.

Regards.

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Watch accessory

Attachments

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Today's offering, the constantly baffling Orefa. With its handwinding Lorsa movement and caseback stamped with the Miserez logo and "Besancon" I'm pretty sure this example is French. But then I saw an "Orfa" with a very similar wordmark and an HPP-signed movement from Henzi and Pfaff. "Mechanical Watches - An Annotated Bibliography of publications since 1800" by Richard Watkins (available via Google Books) lists Ore, Orfa and Orefa as H&P signatures. I reckon something was going on between H&P and André Fierobe, Fabrique de Montres Oréfa in Charquemont, and possibly Montres Dreffa in Switzerland, all of whom had the trademark in the 1950s. But I have no idea what.

Orefa

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
#19 ·
A nice 0903-8089 (4004) from 1977.. :) ...Bob.

47805645321-a61c7fc331-o.jpg
4004 is a superb movement and some really good quality cases. Very nice. Another forgotten seiko 70s gem.

I have been wearing this vintage Zenith Defy this evening :thumbsup:

IMG_4676.jpg
Nice martin, how is the Zenith collection coming on? Hope the ones from me are still running ok for you. I do miss that gold 87 mistral

...knew i would lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.