• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Monday watch...

20 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

I worked in NHS Internal Audit for 15 years and one of the Audits was patients property and monies. To prevent the NHS being sued. Your Rolex should have been described in the patient property book as 'a watch with the word Rolex on the dial'. Not a Rolex watch. Similarly gold was yellow coloured and silver white coloured. It was a fun audit you would be amazed what got left behind and not collected. 

I always used to joke with Big M about it that if I keeled over she should get in there for the watch first.

I’m surprised she still had it and wasn’t off down the pawnshop this morning with it. Why do you think I wear it 24/7

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw: 

• Haha 2
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greeting watch lovers, a vintage! My vintage Tissot T12 automatic, circa 1972   

Posted Images

1606142127449872003757.jpg

13 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

I always used to joke with Big M about it that if I keeled over she should get in there for the watch first.

I’m surprised she still had it and wasn’t off down the pawnshop this morning with it. Why do you think I wear it 24/7

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw: 

Patient monies and property regs could be murder and going through the files was a matching up the pinks blues and yellows and checking returns and signatures was a nightmare. Then again Auditing the NHS was a blooming nightmare!:laugh: give me a job on the bins any day. 

• Like 3

A bit of old bling now. You dont see many of these anymore. Its a 1981 large P Pulsar. Just after Seiko bought them from Zenith. Cal y563. Its the sort of watch I remember in most shops in the 80s and clearly nicks off the Rolex not just in its President style bracelet. Its a rattly old thing really and the crown doesnt flush, but its fun and keeps pretty good time. Ive not looked at it for a month and its only 20 seconds off the twin quartz! Not bad for almost 40 years old. It was the condition that got me, it has been worn, but someones obviously loved this are the bracelet was clean and its been cared for. Even the inside of the case back records its history of battery and case seal changes! A long way from the throw away world of today. It cost me 15 quid in 2020 which means the original owner only lost 3 quid in nigh on 40yr. These were 18 quid at Argos Christmas 1981:biggrin:

1606145139445872003757.jpg

1606145165654295146695.jpg

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, Cyclops930 said:

Good morning morning.

Scoobys still not impressed. [emoji16]

745384576d105749c0c2ef760343ff3b.jpg

I am not buying any more watches. [emoji17]
Well maybe the odd one or two. [emoji16]

I think my Pulsar takes some inspiration from that:)

Good morning morning.

Good morning morning.