• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Monday watch...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greeting watch lovers, a vintage! My vintage Tissot T12 automatic, circa 1972   

Posted Images

Changed to this old KQ for dog walking duties. I dont wear the twin out and about. Its not an expensive watch these days, but it is rare, very hard to replace and a very significant Seiko for me.

This is the 5856 KQ, this ones from 1978. And apart from the age spots on one portion of the dial (a shame but common) is excellent.

The stepper motor also works well. This runs a rate of +15 seconds a month. I use my twin to set it. After a few days it was a few seconds ahead and using the manual stepper motor has in spot on over 2 weeks. The twin runs at +11 secs a year. So it shows the manual stepper is useful and does its job.  

These old king quartz are worthy of an article on their own as there is much myth surrounding their playing second fiddle to GS quartz. They didnt. Ive studied PDFs of Seiko catalogues and both KQ and GQ were a par. Playing second fiddle only to Superior and some QT and QR depending on caliber. This was 55000 yen in 1978 so firmly mid to lower range KQ but high range seiko still. The variety of watches they were turning out in the late 70s and the hierachies takes some sussing out especially seeing as all the literature is in Japanese and subject mostly to second hand interpretation in Europe and the USA. 

1606125417184872003757.jpg

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Reunited !!!

They say knock yourself out so I did.

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

I was sorting my fire out and putting up some new outdoor lights later yesterday afternoon  ready for a bit off disco dancing in the garden and according to Big M I slipped and fell back into the plant pots smashing one with my head. The first thing I knew about it was coming round with paramedics wiring me to the mains.

50636864088_6baea42de2_b.jpg

Carted off in an ambulance still a bit dizzy and concussed then in A&E getting poked, prodded, scanned and tested and minus my LV, at that point I still wasn’t even sure what was going on.

:huh:

But all’s well that ends well, apparently the paramedics asked Big M to keep any jewellery including my watch.

50637612256_3ae54cebeb_b.jpg

Two things came out of it, I’ve got a hard head and contrary to what Big M says I do actually have a heart and it works.

And a big nod to all the NHS staff that dealt with me, despite the current circumstances I couldn’t fault them.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Reunited !!!

They say knock yourself out so I did.

I was sorting my fire out and putting up some new outdoor lights later yesterday afternoon  ready for a bit off disco dancing in the garden and according to Big M I slipped and fell back into the plant pots smashing one with my head. The first thing I knew about it was coming round with paramedics wiring me to the mains.

50636864088_6baea42de2_b.jpg

Carted off in an ambulance still a bit dizzy and concussed then in A&E getting poked, prodded, scanned and tested and minus my LV, at that point I still wasn’t even sure what was going on.

:huh:

But all’s well that ends well, apparently the paramedics asked Big M to keep any jewellery including my watch.

50637612256_3ae54cebeb_b.jpg

Two things came out of it, I’ve got a hard head and contrary to what Big M says I do actually have a heart and it works.

And a big nod to all the NHS staff that dealt with me, despite the current circumstances I couldn’t fault them.

I worked in NHS Internal Audit for 15 years and one of the Audits was patients property and monies. To prevent the NHS being sued. Your Rolex should have been described in the patient property book as 'a watch with the word Rolex on the dial'. Not a Rolex watch. Similarly gold was yellow coloured and silver white coloured. It was a fun audit you would be amazed what got left behind and not collected. 

• Like 2