• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tuesday, hump-day eve. WRUW?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my humble, one of the best looking chronograph watches of recent years  The Farer Eldridge dial is a colour called chocolate silk, but the added blue and the strong hands really help.  If you

New arrival, Zelos 39mm 'Lunar Frost' full lume field watch, with screw crown,  screw-link bracelet with sliding ratchet  clasp for quick adjust, quick release solid end links,

Morning, Strela 3133 re-issue. Another 50m WR and this could have been 'The One'. Oh, and lume.  GADA gotta have lume.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Boots said:

large._T6A6695.JPG.ea4a6b3fe954ba7993cf5f0283336ef7.JPG

Superb...

6 hours ago, Jet Jetski said:

New arrival, Zelos 39mm 'Lunar Frost' full lume field watch, with screw crown, 

IMG_20201124_121148188(1)(1).thumb.jpg.50f992ea79e7b81a0ab8b3e88ff06010.jpg

screw-link bracelet with sliding ratchet  clasp for quick adjust,

IMG_20201124_121328834(1).thumb.jpg.c0e8f603c85a73dccda36a7138db899b.jpg

quick release solid end links,

IMG_20201124_121848925(1).thumb.jpg.f937b83ad5ea6ed260bf73c004dd6329.jpg

domed box sapphire crystal,

IMG_20201124_123646810(1).thumb.jpg.81bf1a8ac8244ac614a3e71893fc331b.jpg

slides under a cuff but goes over just as nicely, if you have already been sewn into your winter underwear.

IMG_20201124_124820900(1).thumb.jpg.f46a28efc1683de155672e84fe89c8c9.jpg

OK I admit it I went under my blankets to check the lume :laugh:

Umm... yeah, just going back under my blankets! 

HAGD

Looks great. I think they thought of everything. Wish my sarb just had an extra micro, seems they forgot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Roxyben said:

Stuck with a puncture so here's today's timepiece. 

2020-11-24_07-35-41

Nice watch...hope you are back on the rd soon. When your watch wont go its not really a big deal...but when your car wont go.... i rest my case. Cars cant live with them and cant ignore them. What motor is it mate? 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Roxyben said:

Back up and running now. Had to wait about 90 minutes for the tyre replaced. Huge bolt embedded in it, not repairable so brand new tyre on.  Working nights tonight, it's a lorry I am driving 

Best stick to watches then mate.

32 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Late to the show today, website hosting issues....Vintage Kienzle TV Dial Automatic day/date :thumbsup:

20201124_145757.jpg

Fab, what year is it Martin. 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

Fab, what year is it Martin. 

Thanks Nigel, it has an ETA 2788, which is dates from 1969-82, it also has Patents Pending called SHAPEPROOF on and inside and the back-case with numbers. I always meant to research,
but never got round to it. My guess with case style and TV Dial is early 1970's :thumbsup:

20201124_222204.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Thanks Nigel, it has an ETA 2788, which is dates from 1969-82, it also has Patents Pending called SHAPEPROOF on and inside and the back-case with numbers. I always meant to research,
but never got round to it. My guess with case style and TV Dial is early 1970's :thumbsup:

I agree id say about a 72 to 74 at a guess a very chunky early 70s case. My kq shows how the tv case was toned down by 78. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

I agree id say about a 72 to 74 at a guess a very chunky early 70s case. My kq shows how the tv case was toned down by 78. :thumbsup:

Yes it is quite chunky, and I would agree ref the dates. Also the back-case screws down via the rotating circle within the outer square that seals the case really well. That must be the SHAPEPROOF :biggrin:

Edited by martinzx
typo
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Yes it is quite chunky, and I would agree ref the dates. Also the back-case screws down via the rotating circle within the outer square that seals the case really well. That must be the SHAPEPROOF :biggrin:

Could be ive never heard of it. The further i dig martin...the more im lost lol. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Nigelp said:

Could be ive never heard of it. The further i dig martin...the more im lost lol. 

Its a fairly interesting and quite effective way to seal a watch, looks like it never caught on! :laugh: Don't bother Nigel there was loads of Patents in those days that came to nothing...

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Its a fairly interesting and quite effective way to seal a watch, looks like it never caught on! :laugh: Don't bother Nigel there was loads of Patents in those days that came to nothing...

I bet Donald Trumps Lawyer was an ineffective patents Lawyer. The engineering sounds good at least Martin. I like these things that were genius. Thats why i like the stepper on the kq5856 and it works....all that micro engineering and research, to end up as a foot note. :swoon: 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Cassie-O said:

One especially for my fellow North of the Border watch fans. :tongue::king:

gsRec2o.jpg

Border wise these days i havent got a clue where i am. Im sort of southwest of lancashire and above parts of yorkshire in wales. Burnley is about 80 mile of Gretna. Nice Seiko Cass. :) were all the same really. 

• Like 1