• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Wednesday Hump Day WRUW 25th Nov

Morning, working through my Russian chronos - this will be going away soon, must remind my watch repairer not to repaint any hands ...

IMG_20201125_000933009(1)(1).thumb.jpg.406566c8a0663ae7512d9ed43d0a21fa.jpg

Funny how one changes, there was a time I would have wanted to replace the hands, or at least touch up the hour hand. 

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vintage NOS Glashutte SPEZICHRON HiBeat Automatic

Explorer hump day..ll

Posted Images

It's got to be the new Precisionist for me today:

20201124_123240

Not sure if this one will be a keeper yet.  After wearing it for most of yesterday it seems a bit top-heavy, and needs to be fastened quite tightly to stop it turning on the wrist.  Might just be a question of getting used to how it wears.  Shame if it has to go, because it does look bloody awesome.  I'm sure I'd get my money back if I do move it on anyway, these are selling on ebay for a lot more than I paid, so not a complete disaster if it becomes a catch and release.......... :whistle:

• Like 13

Morning.

Another one from the box of French obscurities today with this Dollar with its 15j FE 233-68.

Mikrolisk records two French makers as having had a “Dollar” brand, but as neither of them are the correct fit for today’s effort, its origins are still unknown to me.

Regards.

Dollar 2019 v.3.jpg

Dollar FE 233-68 v.3.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Igerswis said:

You made a WRUW thread at 12.20am?

Guess I’ll be making one for Thursday and Friday later today then. Hell I’ll make one for everyday next week [emoji849]

As fest said to start late is to start early. Or was it to be up late is to be up early. Yes you are right it is too early. I will start again at a semsible time. Because today im really wearing a different watch. 

This reminds me of the sort of style that most staid gents on the Clapham Omnibus, would wear. I can see him now infront of my, with pinstripe and bowler, going to some miserable civil service job in Whitehall (or is it White Hall). A sort of Monty Python life of brian clone. 

I think this is the perfect vintage city gents watch. 

Very small c Conservative, however like our White Hall Civil servant it has a darker side...an electro mechanical quartz manual stepper device and tang. The stuff of voo doo. 

Just like Brian in the above example has a penchant for playing Bridge with nothing on.

But @Jet Jetski @Igerswis is right 12:20!!!! That is crazy you are a very dangerous individual...:jawdrop1:

Seiko 5856 

16062974256801261958091.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, tyrannes said:

Explorer hump day..ll

0-EBF1935-F16-C-4-B65-A4-EA-B6-E00-C6-F0

Lovely is that.

8 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Change into work wear.

IMG_20201125_092459491(1)(1).thumb.jpg.9186d344e8b29d5920c4aab76a009a24.jpgZelos 'Lunar Frost' Horizons field watch.

You've not clocked on shift yet? Its nearly 10. No wonder this bloody country is on the rocks. 

• Haha 1

Well some people select a watch in the morning, I always put the 'old' watch away at night, and put my 'new' one on straight away, whether I am going to work or going to bed.  And of course I like to celebrate that, if I am up at midnight, well, it's like Christmas every day when you have a watch collection!  Religious people celebrate midnight mass, I celebrate the changing of the watch, in a ceremony I call the Neuchawrist!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
15 minutes ago, Jet Jetski said:

Well some people select a watch in the morning, I always put the 'old' watch away at night, and put my 'new' one on straight away, whether I am going to work or going to bed.  And of course I like to celebrate that, if I am up at midnight, well, it's like Christmas every day when you have a watch collection!  Religious people celebrate midnight mass, I celebrate the changing of the watch, in a ceremony I call the Neuchawrist!

Fair point.