UK Watch Forum banner

100m Water Resistant Watch as Dive Watch

1K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  sabailand 
#1 ·
Have you ever tried to actually dive with 100m rating watch? How was it? How far have you gone below with 100m watch?

#2 ·
Yes years ago in Turkey wife did not want to go with me on the boat. I forgot to give her my watch for safe keeping and didn't fancy leaving it on board wrapped in my socks so took it down with me.

Had an enjoyable dive and at one point bounced 45 meters to have a look at a pot which was very naughty but in warm waters you can get away with it. The watch in question survived its ordeal.

I use a Sunnto air integrated dive computer for all my dives and a Citizen Pro master as a backup.

ef674979401f7bf70b9d0d79085d9ee1.jpg

I am not buying any more watches. [emoji17]

Well maybe the odd one or two. [emoji16]

#17 ·
Yes years ago in Turkey wife did not want to go with me on the boat. I forgot to give her my watch for safe keeping and didn't fancy leaving it on board wrapped in my socks so took it down with me.

Had an enjoyable dive and at one point bounced 45 meters to have a look at a pot which was very naughty but in warm waters you can get away with it. The watch in question survived its ordeal.

I use a Sunnto air integrated dive computer for all my dives and a Citizen Pro master as a backup.

ef674979401f7bf70b9d0d79085d9ee1.jpg

I am not buying any more watches. [emoji17]

Well maybe the odd one or two. [emoji16]
I like that! Nice one a diamond rolex as a diving watch, never judge a book.

I would imagine very few will dive with their dive watch, and those who do will have something on their wrist with a known and calibrated specification. Rolex Oyster watches are tested (static) @10% greater than their stated rating, and Rolex dive watches @25% greater than maximum stated rating. Most folks that I know that do any serious diving wear one of these, or derivative of.

divex_gents_offshore_500m_watch_dd260055

Which cost a little over £100, and do the job remarkably well.

200 meter version.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/divex-watch-indian-ocean-shipwreck
Yep id feel better using that than risking my vintage rolex dj...

His best ever joke : " My mother in law is so ugly, when she enters our house, the mice throw themselves onto the traps "
When the midwife delivered the baby it was so ugly she slapped the mother.

Back in the day, Ben (Capt Willard) and I went on many dives together including a night dive down to 135 ft in very cold water.

IMG-1321.jpg

Seiko 6105-8110 - WATER 150M RESIST
Fab! I had an original suwa turtle that had obviously been used as intended. Should have kept it.

#3 ·
I would imagine very few will dive with their dive watch, and those who do will have something on their wrist with a known and calibrated specification. Rolex Oyster watches are tested (static) @10% greater than their stated rating, and Rolex dive watches @25% greater than maximum stated rating. Most folks that I know that do any serious diving wear one of these, or derivative of.

divex_gents_offshore_500m_watch_dd260055

Which cost a little over £100, and do the job remarkably well.

200 meter version.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/divex-watch-indian-ocean-shipwreck

#6 ·
I'm no expert, but to reach 100m I suggest that you need to be a highly skilled professional/commercial diver.

Not something you learn in a 30 minute poolside lesson on your summer hols.

Check out the PADI site.... limit for recreational scuba diving is 40m/130ft.

I would wear a 100m rated watch, swimming or doing the dishes. :tongue:

#7 ·
I'm no expert, but to reach 100m I suggest that you need to be a highly skilled professional/commercial diver.

Not something you learn in a 30 minute poolside lesson on your summer hols.

Check out the PADI site.... limit for recreational scuba diving is 40m/130ft.

I would wear a 100m rated watch, swimming or doing the dishes. :tongue:
I've tried without success to get my wife to test mine at 200m in the North sea.

#23 ·
Took the mother in law to madame Tussards chamber of horrors, one of the attendants said `keep moving sir we`re stock taking`.

Not saying the mother in laws ugly, but last christmas she stood under the mistletoe waiting for someone to kiss her, she was still there at Lent.

I said to the mother in law you`re a treasure, its just that she reminds me of something thats just been dug up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.