• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Coming soon! Invicta

INV8926OB_MED.jpg

This is my Christmas present from my wife, I ordered it last night when the price dropped to £79 on Amazon (its now £100!) my first Automatic.

Not looking for or expecting too much, just want to learn about automatics before getting something a bit more pricey like a Seiko or Orient.

I've always like the Rolex imitation of the styling, I know a lot of people don't like homage watches but I don't mind them myself.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Darren 66 said:

I've always like the Rolex imitation of the styling, I know a lot of people don't like homage watches but I don't mind them myself.

Personally, homages are not my croissant-de-jour but this one does not cry homage when I see it , even though the styling as you say is Rolex-esque ...

There enough minor subtleties with this one that give it its own personality so good choice for that reason in my books.

Price-wise you have it nailed too.

Bravo.

6 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Personally, homages are not my croissant-de-jour but this one does not cry homage when I see it , even though the styling as you say is Rolex-esque ...

There enough minor subtleties with this one that give it its own personality so good choice for that reason in my books.

Price-wise you have it nailed too.

Bravo.

Agree, when i saw it i didnt immediately think Roles homage, ok you could say its got a passing resemblance bit its got its own identity.

• Like 1
On 01/12/2020 at 16:00, sabailand said:

Agree, when i saw it i didnt immediately think Rolex homage

On 01/12/2020 at 09:53, JonnyOldBoy said:

Personally, homages are not my croissant-de-jour but this one does not cry homage when I see it 

These days my daughter is a bit of a mover and shaker in Specsavers management (seriously :biggrin:)

Im sure I can get the pair of you emergency appointments

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

That looks like one of the ones I was looking at just before black friday sales ended. If I recall they had some 40mm and under versions which made me sit up as I have a smaller wrist. Anyway. solid choice.

Edited by ABaird3
11 hours ago, normdiaz said:

Sorry to "rain on your parade", but Invicta seems to have a rather poor customer service record.  I hope your watch experience is better than some of these:

Invicta Reviews, Complaints & Contacts | Complaints Board

@normdiaz you're not raining on any ones parade, I've spent time looking at these and the good far out ways the bad, I've seen lots of reviews where people have criticised the watch for letting water in and then when questions didn't know it had a screw down crown and they had only pushed it in when setting it.

TBH for £79, even in my poor financial state, if it goes in the bin after a few months I can't complain.

As for poor service records I've been in shops where people have complained about bad service whilst I've been watching and there's been nothing wrong other than people not getting served fast enough, horses for courses really.

1 hour ago, Darren 66 said:

Having had a look at some of the complaints its seems a lot of people are sending back sub $100 watches for +$150 repairs..... seems crazy to me, I'd just go a buy another one.......

I saw one that listed about eight Invictas and the "problems" with each one. So why keep buying them? Surely you'd give up after three?

18 hours ago, Darren 66 said:

@normdiaz you're not raining on any ones parade, I've spent time looking at these and the good far out ways the bad, I've seen lots of reviews where people have criticised the watch for letting water in and then when questions didn't know it had a screw down crown and they had only pushed it in when setting it.

TBH for £79, even in my poor financial state, if it goes in the bin after a few months I can't complain.

As for poor service records I've been in shops where people have complained about bad service whilst I've been watching and there's been nothing wrong other than people not getting served fast enough, horses for courses really.

My "poor financial state" may be poorer than yours as the USD equivalent of 79 pounds/euros would be above what I would spend for a potential bin item.  May the good in your sample be greater than the bad. :thumbsup: 

(Don't know about your source, but the Invictas offered for sale on TV's "Shop NBC" seem too large for all but the largest wrists.")

Edited by normdiaz