• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Saturday - going sporty? WRUW

Now working through Kwartz Korner -

IMG_20201204_232135299(1)(1).thumb.jpg.a270bd224155d313b703eba0d2b95dc3.jpg

you can see why I fancied a change with my Zelos light dial; however, more interesting still is I use my Zelos auto to check the accuracy of these blighters, and I have to tell you only the Citizen satellite wave GPS is still cock-on.  I put the Nixon right too but I think it needs a battery change.

The Zelos is looking a bit lazy too, at losing 0.3 seconds per day, the weekend activities ahead should pep it up. 

Screenshot_20201204-233938.thumb.png.4a5f6e1914f13721e9bfa76b61deae56.png

Maybe I should leave it dial up overnight (a little trick I learned from Rolex: while dial up the balance spring sags ever so slightly under gravity and becomes microscopically conical, and the frequency increases a teensy weensy bit) and meanwhile give this a wear in the dark hours ahead.

IMG_20201205_001255929.thumb.jpg.7d395602e0eec3ded435a1b541c05ed0.jpg

I found the only piece of clothing I own with PVD hardware for the pic, and I suppose it is 'tactical', if exercise nutrition is tactical, for it is a snack jacket, rather than a flak jacket, Jelly Babies are my favourite.

Which reminds me that the British D-day beaches were all named after fish, until the Canadians bridled at landing on 'Jelly Beach'.

Band fish, Gold fish, Jelly fish and Swordfish.

HAGD

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

16610 today.

Not exactly dog walking attire but it’ll do Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Morning,

Today this steel-cased  Zimmerman, an unrecorded Swiss-made brand with a similarly unrecorded Import Code of AYE, athough “Naw” is probably more appropriate. 

It came to me from the USA and perhaps could have been an own-label job for someone like Zimmerman Jewelers of PA. However, a clue may lie in the 17j AS 1187/94 being signed as Allerton Company (a Chicago-based subsidiary of A Hirsch & Co) who were successfully sued by Bulova in 1964 for infringement of trademark and unfair competition. An outline of the case here for anyone interested: https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/328/20/418411/

A bit naughty, and given that Allerton also seem to have been suppliers of watches to catalogue houses, today’s effort may have been one such, possibly assembled by Hirsch from bought-in parts.

Regards.

Zimmerman v.2.jpg

Zimmerman  AS 1187.94 2 v.2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Morning all, dropped off the lad to gymnastics.. a bit of snow still on some mountain tops despite the light rain !! 

on with my trusty eco diver :yes: 

nt3xlnr.jpg

1 hour ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Today this steel-cased  Zimmerman, an unrecorded Swiss-made brand with a similarly unrecorded Import Code of AYE, athough “Naw” is probably more appropriate. 

It came to me from the USA and perhaps could have been an own-label job for someone like Zimmerman Jewelers of PA. However, a clue may lie in the 17j AS 1187/94 being signed as Allerton Company (a Chicago-based subsidiary of A Hirsch & Co) who were successfully sued by Bulova in 1964 for infringement of trademark and unfair competition. An outline of the case here for anyone interested: https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/328/20/418411/

A bit naughty, and given that Allerton also seem to have been suppliers of watches to catalogue houses, today’s effort may have been one such, possibly assembled by Hirsch from bought-in parts.

Regards.

Zimmerman v.2.jpg

Lovely watch .. like the dial a lot..

and people sueing people in 1964 !! Wow .. trying to think when it really started to pick up in the UK 

(where there a blame there’s a claim lol)

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Balaton1109 said:

Morning,

Regards.

Zimmerman v.2.jpg

Superb dial on that watch and the legal stuff is fascinating. Next time someone turns up with grandma's diamond covered Bulova, we'll know.

49 minutes ago, Sulie said:

people sueing people in 1964 !! Wow .. trying to think when it really started to pick up in the UK 

You're thinking of frivolous lawsuits, which this wasn't.

• Like 1

Dug this one out for a wind up and run , not so common Lator chrono with a rotating inner bezel , i annoyingly managed to loose one of the chrono buttons years ago and haven’t been able to locate another despite leaving it with a few watch repairers , would be nice to find one if anyone knows for one 

61-C4-F6-C1-C2-FC-4-B82-99-FC-2-A192-F76

• Like 4