• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Pool ball coat 'ooks

So I've bought some more used pool balls to recycle/repurpose into other things (see my other lathe related posts). Unfortunately I didn't read the description carefully enough & this set are much smaller than I was expecting. They're about 40mm in diameter so they're too small to make into the trinket boxes that I've been making from the 50mm (2") ones (though I seem to have bought some more of those as well :laugh:

Anyway my wife had the idea of using some to liven up the coat hooks in our downstairs loo. So here you go. We like them but opinions welcome as always :biggrin:

DSC_0020.JPG

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • Like 3

Do it :thumbs_up: I paid about £12 (Ebay) for a full set of 40mm snooker balls (pretty sure that there are smaller ones than that available). The hooks were normal double hooks, I drilled the balls with 12.5mm drill to a depth of approx 15/18mm, they're stuck onto the hooks with milliput (2 part epoxy modelling putty that sets like rock & also glues things together) - once you've pushed the balls onto the hooks wipe off any milliput that gets pushed out. They're as solid as as a solid thing :clap:

Edited by pauluspaolo
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/12/2020 at 02:39, pauluspaolo said:

So I've bought some more used pool balls to recycle/repurpose into other things (see my other lathe related posts). Unfortunately I didn't read the description carefully enough & this set are much smaller than I was expecting. They're about 40mm in diameter so they're too small to make into the trinket boxes that I've been making from the 50mm (2") ones (though I seem to have bought some more of those as well :laugh:

Anyway my wife had the idea of using some to liven up the coat hooks in our downstairs loo. So here you go. We like them but opinions welcome as always :biggrin:

Hey,thanks for the idea, pal! Got some unnecessary pool balls and now I know what to do :biggrin: