• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tudor Black Bay 58

GongNong88

I think its pretty much the best lookig modern vintage dive watch out there (Rado Captain Cook may pip it on aesthetics?).

I'm one of the few people that prefer the dimensions of the standard black bay. I rarely wear it because it feels pretty special, it will definatley get an outing over Christmas though!

20200602_221203

See what I mean about tbe Rado though... wow (the lustre effect of the dial is sublime)!

20201201_113331

• Like 3

Great watch. 

I managed to buy a very early version on bracelet when they were in short supply. Sold it second hand for more than I paid for it and replaced it with the Tudor Monte Carlo. 

I still love the Fifty Eight though. What a great year!

May you wear it in good health!

4 hours ago, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

Great watch. 

I managed to buy a very early version on bracelet when they were in short supply. Sold it second hand for more than I paid for it and replaced it with the Tudor Monte Carlo. 

I still love the Fifty Eight though. What a great year!

May you wear it in good health!

Thank you!What year is  your Tudor Monte Carlo? Do you have a photo? I'd love to see it. 

1 hour ago, YouCantHaveTooManyWatches said:

This is it.  Brand New. Current Model.  Came with bracelet as well as the really cool matching NATO  - got the lot for under £3k 

Here you go...

large.24329DEE-3600-42AF-8426-07420D48EAEF.jpeg.7553323c54f4120c10073d81c2828fae.jpeg

Oh man,that is a gorgeous watch!

Here is a lume shot of my Black Bay 58. I don't need a Zippo lighter to read it in the dark,lol.

DSC09222.JPG

21 hours ago, rafy1 said:

Super beautiful, Congrats!! :)

Thanks rafy1! I was lucky too find this watch.Last week I called my local Rolex/Tudor AD and asked how long does it takes to get a BB 58 39mm and the guy there told me I had to come into the store and talk to someone and after that it was something like a 9 month just to get on a waiting list and about 12 months to actually get one. At least I think that is what he said. Then he said their other branch really had all the Tudors and I should call there If I want more info. So I called the other branch and asked the same question to a lady there.To my surprise she  tells me a Tudor Black Bay 58 " just hit the case 10 minutes ago!". She told me she could take a payment over the phone and have someone deliver the BB 58 to my house. I asked if they could remove a couple of links from the bracelet before they deliver it? She said that she could but that the watch couldn't be returned for a refund if she altered it. I said maybe it would be better then if she sent it to the AD branch near my house so that I could come in and they could size the bracelet for me. She said that was fine and had the watch delivered to my local branch where I got it last Tuesday. I'm glad I picked it up there because when They sized the bracelet for me they had to remove 3 links and make another micro adjustment to the bracelet.now it fits perfectly.

(edited)_DSC09220.JPG

Edited by GongNong88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1