• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Purchasing Plans for 2021?

Rookie1986

With 2020 finally drawing to a close and hopefully a safer, more normal 2021 in sight what will everyone be looking to add to their collection as we move forward into the New Year and beyond??

For me, I have a few watches on my radar, aside from hoping for a Bulova Lunar Pilot “Reduced” 50th anniversary edition I’ve got the following pieces on my hit list... my collection is still in its infancy so I’ve got a lot of room to work with although knowing how most years work out it’s likely to change somewhat and I’ll undoubtedly add some more to the list and drop a few models out too:-

Seiko SRPE61K1 - £179 - 40mm Automatic

Added to the Seiko line through the summer of 2020, it probably takes the majority of its design from the SRPD // SKX lines but in a more slimmed down format, and at only 40mm it’s a great size. It looks like Seiko listened so no more bezel less mods to achieve this look, maybe not for everyone but I really like it (the 61 has a brushed bezel with nato where as the 51 has a polished bezel and bracelet, I prefer the brushed as it gives it a more casual feel).

E0799487-0-DF5-4394-B3-B0-E2-E1-CF92-D5-

Phoibos Proteus PY028D - £245 - 42mm Automatic

I know what you are thinking, a diver on leather, but stay with me on this one, it’s a unique looking diver and a way from the rest of the pack when it comes to the design direction, for this reason it really stands out to me. I feel Phobos are still trying to find their feet within the market and we’ll see multiple revisions of their range until they find the aesthetic they are going for (personally I get some Zelos vibes from their range).

E7-F3283-E-94-BA-4-B15-B535-C08-BA535-AE

Nomos Tangente 38 Reference 165 - £1295 - 38mm Automatic

A classic with its Bauhaus design, simplistic, beautiful and one I’ve had on my hit list for far too long, hopefully will pull the trigger on this one for my birthday next year. Nothing more to say on this one, less is more ;)

EA6-CC787-D723-42-B0-B01-F-A6-CF780-F3-C

Christopher Ward C65 Dartmouth - C65-41A3H1 - £945 - 40mm Automatic

I have a bit of a soft spot for Christopher Ward watches, from their current range I’m a fan of the Dartmouth, the thing I like with the Dartmouth is that it’s probably the closest I’ll get to an Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre LE, it’s definitely not a 1:1 copy and goes in its own direction doing its own thing (with several major differences) but that’s what really draws me to it, I get the Spectre vibe but in a unique and lovely CW.

6447-A23-E-3419-4606-B671-98-FE436-B2-BD

Hamilton Khaki Field King H64455523 - £418 - 40mm Automatic

I sold my Khaki Field back in 2018 and I’ve regretted it ever since, I just don’t have anything that fills this space as good as the Field does, so in 2021 this is a must to include in my collection, the only difference is that I’m tempted to pick up the King variant this time around.

D62-A16-A9-415-F-4-CE6-9-D6-F-A92821722-

Bulova “Surfboard” 98A252 - £415 - 40mm Quartz

Because we don’t like odd numbers in the watching world I thought it best to add just one more and make it a nice uniformed 6, the Surfboard is definitely a different design and personally I find it a very interesting take on a chronograph which are usually aimed more towards the Racing industry, as someone that does his fair share of alternative sports (surfing, kayaking, rock climbing) it’s a personal favourite. My only gripe is the garish orange strap which I would swap out for something a little more tasteful.

808-BA113-FF25-464-E-B213-15049-D623-D18

So, what’s on everyone else’s list for 2021? Is this the year you are going to pick up your grail, or are you like me and looking to put that money across multiple instalments to fill out your collection?

What ever your plans for 2021, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No plans for me in 2021, and nothing on the radar at the moment either.  I've got just over £200 sitting in my Paypal watch fund, so anything I do get will be an impulse buy, which is pretty normal for me.

Like most people on here (and everywhere else), this year has been pretty rubbish for me, and to cap it all my Dad is fighting a losing battle against cancer, so that just about sums up 2020.  Hopefully next year will be a better one for all of us.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your Dad @Davey P.  I went through that in 2019, and that was extremely tough even without covid and lockdowns.  If you want to speak to someone who might understand then give me a call or pm.

Even though I buy about 500 watches a year I still have a wishlist of what I want that I have not owned yet.

Rolex Submariner

Rolex Daytona

Omega Cosmic triple calendar

Sinn

Seiko Monaco

JW Benson with the Smiths movement

Cartier Tank Solo XL

Cartier Basculante (Should have bought the one that @Thomasroffered me before)

And a few I have had before but sold too quick;

Zenith Rainbow (had both the white and mango dial before)

Zenith Respirator in green (on way to me!)

AP Royal Oak 

Seiko 7A28 Pogue

TAG Heuer 1000 in red (so expensive for what they are!)

Might need to sell a few more first.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Like most people on here (and everywhere else), this year has been pretty rubbish for me, and to cap it all my Dad is fighting a losing battle against cancer, so that just about sums up 2020.  Hopefully next year will be a better one for all of us.

Sorry to hear about your Dad Davey P, I hope 2021 is better for you and your family. Yes 2020 has been pretty rubbish for lots of different reasons, I just hope that if nothing else the world can get the upper hand with the pandemic so we can all get back to some sort of new normality.

All the very best to you and your family.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad @Davey P.  I went through that in 2019, and that was extremely tough even without covid and lockdowns.  If you want to speak to someone who might understand then give me a call or pm.

Thanks for the offer mate, I really appreciate that, but I have already got plenty of support from family and friends, plus he is receiving outstanding care from Allied Health with a live-in carer and others looking after him at home.  A much better option for him to stay in familiar surroundings instead of a care home or hospice, especially in the current climate.

Anyway, I won't hijack this thread with my miserable ramblings, this is supposed to be a watch forum after all :yes:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoT said:

No plans this year but will be opportunistic if anything in a lower price range takes my fancy.

Budget mainly going on servicing in 2021, got a Rolex, Tudor and Zeno to do and the other half's ladies Rolex

I guess thats the thing with having a collection of good watches, when servicing come around you know its the sensible thing to do, but at the same time you might have an eye on something else, you`re doing the right thing.

• Like 2

Sorry about your dad @Davey P. I had the same experience a few years back, so have some small understanding of how you're feeling.

Such things can put a perspective to our mutual interests and our priorities in life.

Honestly, I have no idea what I'll be doing in 2021. In common with many it's been pretty tough year, not least financially, which means I have bought nothing at all, all year. So, window shopping could well be my limit, once we can visit shop windows again that is. :biggrin:

We shall see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No fixed plan but see myself picking up something novel like the grey Casio or a firmer move like a Monta Atlas or similar. 

If I'm lucky enough to swing a bonus after the chaos of this year, I'll start the AD game of waiting lists for possibly a 126610lv although with no expectation of if or when they would come through. I think I'd prefer at 16610lv but either the bubble needs to burst or the lottery come in before I'll justify the 3X premium these are currently carrying. 

18 hours ago, sabailand said:

I guess thats the thing with having a collection of good watches, when servicing come around you know its the sensible thing to do, but at the same time you might have an eye on something else, you`re doing the right thing.

I tend to push out the services a bit but to my surprise the Sea Dweller is now 22 years since last service! OK I only wear it now and then but still! The Tudor is approaching 8 years and running a couple of seconds slow and the ladies Rolex must be at least 10 years since a service and probably more - I don't know where the time has gone :laugh: 

• Like 1

50763308573_8dcb4c87e1_b.jpg

50764155977_1b4c875c07_b.jpg

50763305703_2d39233512_b.jpg

The top two I’ve just ordered. I had my eye on the Vostok and it came into stock at Meranom a couple of weeks ago. The Citizen is half price on H Samuel at £345, I would have loved it in Orange but new they are now about as rare as hen’s teeth. The Green version is nice but it’s holding at £695 and the Blue version can be found slightly cheaper. I love Vostok’s and I don’t have a Citizen or a Bullhead. 

The Seiko recraft is the only one I know of I currently want but the only place that has it is F Hinds where it’s holding at £250, more than I would pay for it. Amazon has deals on other recraft models from time to time around £150 Max. 

No plans but It comes down to the right watch at the right price. 

• Like 1