• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Sticky labels on new watch

Alfiepete

Hi all, fist post here. Right, just opened my Crimbo pressie, a brand new 4 liner Pelagos. I actually went into the shop and bought it for myself. Tried it on for about a minute to see how many links needed to be removed. Took it off and bought it. Store wrapped it up and I'm out of there handed over to wife for her pressie to me. On opening I discovered that I had totally missed the fact there were no stickies on the watch at all. Also there seemed to be signs of wear on the case back and a scratch adjacent to the crown. Is this normal for a brand new watch? YouTube vids would appear that unboxing a new Pelagos does have stickies on it. Any help gratefully received. Thanks

Thanks for the replies chaps. I specifically asked not for the display watch and actually watched the salesman remove the watch from a locked cupboard. It came out of the plastic container with no stickies. Will be taking it back to Goldsmiths when they reopen. In Cardiff so don't know when that'll be cos of this bloody Covid. 

3 hours ago, Alfiepete said:

Thanks for the replies chaps. I specifically asked not for the display watch and actually watched the salesman remove the watch from a locked cupboard. It came out of the plastic container with no stickies. Will be taking it back to Goldsmiths when they reopen. In Cardiff so don't know when that'll be cos of this bloody Covid. 

I'd drop them an email recording your complaints. 

Don't let it spoil your Christmas. :thumbsup: :king:

• Like 1