UK Watch Forum banner

Parnis automatic

Tags
chinese
2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  antjrice 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Ah okay, I just got a page with lots of different ones.

I Think that one has the two stop crown and it adjusts at the first position, although one of mine without the date adjusts the time clockwise and the GMT marker, counter-clockwise

#6 ·
I really like the look of that watch but found the GMT complication fairly useless. What I do find very useful is a power reserve complication, so I went for this instead and really like it.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/123891450849?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=709-53476-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001

I'm not wild about the reserve dial shape or the black strap, however I've fitted it with a self made and fitted one hole chestnut brown Swiss military leather strap with the obligatory Swiss stamps, a simple 1940's buckle and a Sam Browne stud keeper. It's lined with soft kid glove leather which is so much more comfortable than the original Chinese strap.
The Chinese Sea Gull movements are really very high quality and tremendous value these days.

I've two power reserve watches and don't think I'd buy another mechanical watch without that complication.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I really like the look of that watch but found the GMT complication fairly useless. What I do find very useful is a power reserve complication, so I went for this instead and really like it.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/123891450849?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=709-53476-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001

I'm not wild about the reserve dial shape or the black strap, however I've fitted it with a self made and fitted one hole chestnut brown Swiss military leather strap with the obligatory Swiss stamps, a simple 1940's buckle and a Sam Browne stud keeper. It's lined with soft kid glove leather which is so much more comfortable than the original Chinese strap.
The Chinese Sea Gull movements are really very high quality and tremendous value these days.

I've two power reserve watches and don't think I'd buy another mechanical watch without that complication.
Personally I don't find either function very useful, GMT or power reserve. If you know the time zone difference then the math is literally elementary. No need for a watch to tell me. If you don't know the time difference use Google and remember it, it's pretty simple, usually just a number of hours, typically single digit difference. As for power reserve, yeah, nobody on watch forums wears a watch long enough for that to matter. I wear 3 a day. A work appropriate watch for 10-12 hours, a weekend watch for maybe 2-4 hours then my bedtime digital for about 8.

Then again, I love chronographs but find them equally worthless for function. They time things, as in count up from zero, so they need to be babysat. They aren't any good for timing things on a count down scale, like cooking. So unless you're job or hobby revolves around track times, they're utterly useless. Only time I've ever used my chronograph function was for proving to my fiance that I don't take an hour pooping. Only a quarter that in fact. Exaggeration diva she is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.