• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Thursday Timepieces 07.01.21

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning all, On the Seiko today. Have a good one. 

Morning...   HAMILTON KHAKI CHRONOGRAPH. Cal: Valjoux 'Wobbler' (7750), 25 jewel. Old pic's.  

Finally got myself a JS Reykjavik 101 after meeting the watchmaker in June 2016 in his store.  Like some of the best designs it can appear quite plain, then the detail and finishing lift it to a highe

Posted Images

Morning I assume it's Thursday. An outing for this fine time piece today.

I don't really know what day it is so might as well go for broke and not know what time it is. [emoji12]

P. S. I suspect it be will be changed some time during the day, and returned to its drawer of shame.

2ec0591eee679a1b9f39513a592c546a.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 6
5 minutes ago, Cyclops930 said:

Morning I assume it's Thursday. An outing for this fine time piece today.

I don't really know what day it is so might as well go for broke and not know what time it is. [emoji12]

P. S. I suspect it be will be changed some time during the day, and returned to its drawer of shame.

2ec0591eee679a1b9f39513a592c546a.jpg

That's different, any more information, make etc. ?      Time 8.46 ?

4 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

Finally got myself a JS Reykjavik 101 after meeting the watchmaker in June 2016 in his store.  Like some of the best designs it can appear quite plain, then the detail and finishing lift it to a higher plain.

JS Reykjavik 101

But when my new parts come to finish my custom workbench it will have to go away for a while.  More on that later

Well done Scott.

Ticks all the boxes....for me !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
That's different, any more information, make etc. ?      Time 8.46 ?

A £2.99 jobby from ebay, it is surprising well made with a metal case. Yes the time was 8.46 once you get used to reading it its relatively easy as is reading the date. [emoji16]

• Thanks 1

Morning,

I’m all too easily bamboozled by vintage Soviet watches and this alleged Sportivnie Kirova with its non-hacking “possible Sportivnie” movement of 16 rubies (despite the dial saying differently) is a case in point.

The good Dr. R lists that movement as having three different jewel counts with hacking as an option, so today’s effort may be nearly “right” but probably ain’t.

Regards.

Sportnivnie 2019 2 v.3.jpg

Sportivnie mvmt 2019 v.3.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2