• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Seiko 5 Sports - just arrived...

Hi all,

so I decided I’d like to add a dove watch to my collection and after looking at Hamilton Scuba’s I can across the Seiko 5 Sports. 

unfortunately with shops being shut at the moment this was an internet only purchase which arrived yesterday.

Although I really like the look of it and I know the specs are good, I think I’m struggling a little bit with it....

Bezel - if I’m honest this part of the watch feels cheap. I can’t tell if it’s a coated plastic or something else, would anyone know? Did the bezel it’s self change much from the SKX?

Size - always a very personal choice, but I’m not sure if it looks small on mine as I’ve quite big hands. Plus I’ve been wearing a 47mm Hamilton for months so I think anything else would seem small. 

I guess I’d just like (other than the feedback on the bezel) to see if I’m being a bit daft as it seems like a good watch for the price and I can’t expect a rolls Royce for the price of a very nice Honda. 

Id be really keen to hear if anyone else was dubious about there’s and have been happily converted into a Seiko fan? 

Alternatives - as far as I can work out, for a nice dive watch in that style, I’m looking at a lot more money. 

Thank you for listening to my ramblings and anything anyone replies with!

many thanks! 

I have recently posted a review here on the Forum of the new Rotary Super 7 Scuba automatic dive watch and in terms of specs, value and price, it is worth just comparing it with the Seiko 5 Sports. 

The new Rotary has garnered some acclaim from reviewers and will probably be a popular choice of budget dive watch.