• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

How do you store your watches?

Possibly a bit of an odd question, but what does everyone do as far as watch storage goes? Currently I have probably the cheapest watch box available on Amazon but one of the issues is that the cushions are too small for the actual slots so the watches are never secure when inside it (if the box is tilted they all fall in that direction - it’s really not great).

I’ve seen a few different types of storage online but before progressing any sort of purchase I thought I’d see how/what everyone else does as far as storage goes?

F77-CF7-E7-58-A9-408-C-9-DCB-A74-E64285-

(This is what I currently have from Amazon, yes it’s as cheap as it looks).

I’ll drop a few of the others types I’ve seen below but I’m open to any and all suggestions :)

11-BD2-B42-41-B7-41-B3-BE35-B44-FF64-DA7

DCAB1-EAF-9683-4233-A4-E8-67487-A8-F6078

2-C66-E431-6-CFC-451-D-96-BA-B97-A9-AE92

F37-F21-DD-35-B4-4443-B7-DE-E08-B6205-D2

B2-D31-EB4-E97-B-45-A8-9877-7-A59-C30-B4

FFA05-A7-A-7-DB4-492-F-B891-AC790-D6-C18

90646-A96-0-C39-49-F7-A919-74-A165798003

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All over, having them all in the same place/cabinet etc just makes it easier for any burglar to lift. I lost my Explorer for 6 months because I couldn't remember where I'd hidden it. :laughing2dw:

I always leave some cheap stuff prominent as "Burglar bait".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I only have two so i dont store them as such, the one i always wea  i put crown down on a chest of drawers overnight ( I read it keeps better time that way when not on your wrist , it might be a load of rubbish but i do it anyway), my other, a citizen eco drive is constantly on my windowsill!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Probably.

Unless you have adequate security in place...

wzjlgTO.jpg

Plus, Carruthers is always on duty.

:)

I was being a bit facetious :tongue:

But seriously speaking, aren’t watch boxes, though extremely practical, make it more vulnerable to theft in the event of burglary? The only way to combat that would be to also invest in a secure safe. Barring that, I’ve known people putting their expensive pieces into safety deposit boxes at banks  

11 minutes ago, Tiranot said:

Barring that, I’ve known people putting their expensive pieces into safety deposit boxes at banks  

I get the reason why someone might do that, it just seems a shame and a bit surreal to hide away something like a watch,  unless of course its ultra expensive and you`d never be seen out in it, but then again why would one buy it in the first place apart from hoping it appreciate's in value in coming years.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sabailand said:

I get the reason why someone might do that, it just seems a shame and a bit surreal to hide away something like a watch,  unless of course its ultra expensive and you`d never be seen out in it, but then again why would one buy it in the first place apart from hoping it appreciate's in value in coming years.

I agree, it seems such a shame to put a watch away into a safety deposit box.. it’s not that accessible when you just feel like wearing it on any given day.. not to mention how tedious it must be to get said watches in this pandemic environment now. Watches are made to be worn!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Good old Lidl tea boxes and black velvet wrapped pipe lagging. The Lidl boxes are in store from this Sunday, I believe...

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/online-leaflets/07-01-13-01-lidl-weekly-4/view/p39164/page/18

Old pics...a lot of these are gone now...

Watch Box.

Watch Box.

Watch box.

Watch box.

What strap do you have on that orange monster Roger ?!!?

19 hours ago, Rookie1986 said:

Possibly a bit of an odd question, but what does everyone do as far as watch storage goes? Currently I have probably the cheapest watch box available on Amazon but one of the issues is that the cushions are too small for the actual slots so the watches are never secure when inside it (if the box is tilted they all fall in that direction - it’s really not great).

I’ve seen a few different types of storage online but before progressing any sort of purchase I thought I’d see how/what everyone else does as far as storage goes?

F77-CF7-E7-58-A9-408-C-9-DCB-A74-E64285-

(This is what I currently have from Amazon, yes it’s as cheap as it looks).

I’ll drop a few of the others types I’ve seen below but I’m open to any and all suggestions :)

11-BD2-B42-41-B7-41-B3-BE35-B44-FF64-DA7

DCAB1-EAF-9683-4233-A4-E8-67487-A8-F6078

2-C66-E431-6-CFC-451-D-96-BA-B97-A9-AE92

F37-F21-DD-35-B4-4443-B7-DE-E08-B6205-D2

B2-D31-EB4-E97-B-45-A8-9877-7-A59-C30-B4

FFA05-A7-A-7-DB4-492-F-B891-AC790-D6-C18

90646-A96-0-C39-49-F7-A919-74-A165798003

I like the leather roll cases and the glass case .. very nice 

2 hours ago, Sulie said:

What strap do you have on that orange monster Roger ?!!

It was a Hirsch caoutchouc rubber strap that I got from ebay about 7 or 8 years ago, Sulie...around £40 IIRC. I had a quick look but can't see them on there anymore. There were several different colours available.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Rookie1986 said:

the cushions are too small

I bought some of those velcro 'dots' and stick the 'hook' part each side of the cushion - that gives enough grip against the side of the grids to stop them slipping I have found, without having to use the loop parts of the velcro dots at all.  Not saying it is foolproof in every situation but it means I can stand my boxes vertically without the cushions all falling forwards.

42 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

caoutchouc

I love that with my curry instead of rice - I use the 2 min microwave sachets.

Edited by Jet Jetski