• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Tuesday's Terrific Time Tellers. WRUW

Got drunk and bought a new watch.

Meanwhile, this shouldn't run, but it does.  Cased by Selza SA, who I, along with other gifted scholars, believe were involved with the genesis of Harwood's first self-winding watch before Vogt bought into the company, and again in the evening of this bumper production, some time after Vogt had sent Harwood down the tubes (if the registration date of the brand is contemporaneous with its first use).

IMG_20210111_231547022(1)(1).thumb.jpg.75b0281ead2e114d8b98f9093332c07c.jpg

Running a little fast now, but nothing to be ashamed of, the movement dates to around 1930, and was fettled by the great JH himself (that's me - whether John Harwood was also once fiddling with the cogs under my dial is tantalisingly unknown, but oft his personal touch is thus ascribed).

The historic future of watches, envisioned for everyman, from museums to mortals, they ticketh ever and anon.  90 yr old train and rate.

HAGD

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tissot V8 

Morning, Today it’ll be this 38mm Stellaris from the 1970s and regarded as the second tier (after Tradition) of transistorised watches made for Sears & Roebuck. Some models of this brand

Wearing this one today 

Posted Images

Morning,

Today it’ll be this 38mm Stellaris from the 1970s and regarded as the second tier (after Tradition) of transistorised watches made for Sears & Roebuck.

Some models of this brand run on ESA movements, whilst this example uses the hacking 9j Seiko 3302A calibre with the crown between 2 and 3 and the image of which has been “borrowed” from our own Silver Hawk’s excellent resource.

Regards.

Stellaris anodised 2019 v.3.jpg

Stellaris 38mm Seiko 3302A v.2.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
19 minutes ago, Perlative Cernometer said:

One of Rotary's finest quality "Les Originales" Swiss made range which means I've only had to crack it open twice: to replace an hour marker which was rattling loose inside, and then to reattach one of the subdial hands.

p?i=3685afec468c2375704ba62fb945d681

Oh that’s not good !! :( Looks nice though

• Like 1