• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Kickstarter campaign - successful & unsucessful campaign experience

Hi all,

I posted some time ago about my curiosity of starting a microbrand and developing a design, mainly around whether quartz or Auto would be the route to follow.

I’ve been working on a design for the past few months and have learnt a lot from this about watchmaking in general which if nothing else, I’ve taken enjoyment from. 

However, I’m now looking into the next stage which is working with a supply partner to understand how costs might stack up and what hurdles I would need to jump though.

I would really like to hear from people who have successfully(or unsuccessfully as well) gone through this process as to what I really need to be mindful of, what you would do different with a second opportunity and what my very careful next steps should be.

My big crossroads now seems to be, try and launch a Kickstarter using only 3D visuals as a sell tool and raise funds for full technical development as well as mass production (which I consider being more difficult to hit a Kickstarter target for) or cough up a substantial amount of money up front to complete a design which ultimately, people may then not take to and may not get off the ground.

whatever your experience, please feel free to share on this post or feel free to get in touch.

many thanks,

John

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...