• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Watches stuck in a Bank Vault !

Hello all,

Well as the title thread, I have about a dozen or so Breitlings ranging from about £2k to £5k each in a bank vault in the UK which went in in late 2018 - I then moved to Asia planning to come back every 6 months but never really made it back and now Covid means there is no chance of returning without endless hoops to jump through. The bank (Metro) have been completely unhelpful and won't allow anyone to open it on my behalf despite how many assurances I've given them.

So - what can I expect to find if I ever get back when I open that box ? I'm imagining its not done them any favours though would appreciate opinions on the likely damage or will I get lucky ? - the thought of servicing all of them is too horrific to contemplate cost wise.

Thanks for any help - this is starting to keep me awake at night !

Amazing - that's reassuring - I was actually contemplating flying half way around the world literally just to give the box a shake and then get back on the plane  !!!

@Karrusel - I would as well but the bank wouldn't let you in ! - but ta anyway :thumbs_up:

5 hours ago, Benroon said:

The bank (Metro) have been completely unhelpful and won't allow anyone to open it on my behalf despite how many assurances I've given them.

According to their current terms and conditions;

"1.4 You may authorise someone else to access your safe deposit box by signing a third party 
mandate or a power of attorney (we recommend you get independent legal advice before 
you do). For lasting powers of attorney, we will need to see the signed document stamped
by the Office of the Public Guardian."

On 12/01/2021 at 18:54, WRENCH said:

According to their current terms and conditions;

"1.4 You may authorise someone else to access your safe deposit box by signing a third party 
mandate or a power of attorney (we recommend you get independent legal advice before 
you do). For lasting powers of attorney, we will need to see the signed document stamped
by the Office of the Public Guardian."

That's true but you have to go into the branch to do it - cannot be done remotely even with electronic signature or a disclaimer statement absolving them of any blame should it go pear shaped,