• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

She wants one ... Peloton / Echelon

After a couple hints...more like I want a Peloton the decision has been made to get a spin bike for the house. Looked at the new plus bike from Peloton seems fine...Also have heard a lot about echelon.. they have a new seven series bike out that is supposed to be the latest and greatest.... my main problem with Peloton is the 12 week wait. Echelon says we can have their bike in 7-10 days... Anyone have a Echelon? I did wait almost a year for my first Daytona but months for a bike.... good problem to have for Peloton

Interesting quote;

‘I have heard of the Peloton, and have concluded that, like the use of cocaine, it’s another way of God saying people have too much money.’

— Colin O’Connor

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My other half pestered me for ages to get her an excercise bike. Eventually, I couldn't stand it anymore and bought one...thankfully it wasn't one of these ridiculously over priced things where you have some idiot shouting at you from a computer screen. After using it just once on the easiest setting, she declared it was 'too much like hard work' and never used it again. It got put in the garage and after a few years, eventually went to the tip...:laughing2dw:

• Like 1

I have a Pelaton and a Tacx Neo (compable to Zwift) and they are very different machines. 

Pelaton is fantastic device and whilst being great for fitness, it's actually improved my uphill cycling due to the power output it keeps you at :thumbsup:

I was trying to read the Colin O'Connor quote about wasting money but I was too distracted by the archaic yet expensive time telling device on my wrist which was grabbing my attention.. :tongue:

You really are missing the point here, and if you don't mind me saying you are making a major mistake.

What you are supposed to say is "why would you want an exercise bike?  You have a fab figure"

Money, and relationship saved

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, antjrice said:

I was trying to read the Colin O'Connor quote about wasting money but I was too distracted by the archaic yet expensive time telling device on my wrist which was grabbing my attention.. :tongue:

You can't hang clothes on a watch, so I suppose Pelaton wins. :laughing2dw:

Interesting, this just popped into my head the other day. I haven't looked into one bit so far, so not aware of costs or anything. For me it would be a more interesting way than just using a static bike. If cost and space needed isn't too bad I could see myself getting Zwift or peloton. 

We bought the standard Peloton in November. They were quoting about 4-6. But when I actually paid it showed  delivery date off a week!!

It’s been brilliant. The whole family use it every day. We have two teenagers. 

The bike classes are excellent but they also do very good yoga, meditation, stretching , cardio workouts with out without weights and more. 

it’s been a god send and can highly recommend it. Yes they are a bit over priced for what they are. But like most Swiss watches and like them their resale value is good as well.