• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/5129397/bremont+u-22+men's+stainless+steel+leather+strap+watch/

Debating, debating and debating whether to pull the trigger on this one. I've been mourning the loss of my PO, which I sold last year and thought this could ease the pain! Amazing discount but am on the fence Re the date display. Does anyone have one? If so, what are your thoughts? 

Hope this finds everyone safe and well :thumbs_up:

• Like 1

I don't have one but tried a fair few Bremont's on last year and they felt very nice but too big for my wrists (it also felt very deep).

This particular model though, I couldn't get away with the date window, why do I need to see tomorrow and yesterdays date? Would be a cracker if not for that date window.

• Like 2

Wow, very nice I love it :thumbsup:

The movement is super nice!!

I personally very like the 2 big crowns, maybe the only negative point (very very subjective) is the date window, I do not see the need to see the previous and next day, it would have been nicer design and more neat to my eyes with a standard date windows. But again very personal, I am a detail maniac guy... So if not a problem to you, the price is really awesome with that great discount :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the opinions guys..

I read the date display is supposed to replicate an altimeter. Read on a CW forum, from someone who had one, that he was skeptical Re the date display but when he bought it, changed his opinion and loved it. Would be nice to try on I guess. 

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/1002821/bremont+argonaut+men's+blue+fabric+strap+watch/

This is almost identically priced and also very nice. Much prefer the date window and hands on this model but slight issue with the HMAF embossing.. I'm neither a serving of former member of the armed forces therefore would feel a bit of a fraud wearing one. Also prefer the slightly bigger U-22. If only they'd make a 43mm Aronaught, without the armed forces references :sadwalk: 

57 minutes ago, Highland Laddie said:

Thanks for the opinions guys..

I read the date display is supposed to replicate an altimeter. Read on a CW forum, from someone who had one, that he was skeptical Re the date display but when he bought it, changed his opinion and loved it. Would be nice to try on I guess. 

https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/1002821/bremont+argonaut+men's+blue+fabric+strap+watch/

This is almost identically priced and also very nice. Much prefer the date window and hands on this model but slight issue with the HMAF embossing.. I'm neither a serving of former member of the armed forces therefore would feel a bit of a fraud wearing one. Also prefer the slightly bigger U-22. If only they'd make a 43mm Aronaught, without the armed forces references :sadwalk: 

This one would be my choice.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rafy1 said:

The movement is super nice!!

I've got the same movement in my one-off prototype watch and the whole thing only cost me £220 ... :biggrin:

7829358912_ed2d3740d3_o.jpg

Edited by artistmike
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the U22 is great! Why not have a different date window to the norm? The price is great as well and I would jump on this if I was in the UK. I have the U2 Blue, which has a day date window and it's one of my absolute favourites. Great watches.

• Like 2

Love what bremont are offering and one will hopefully be my next significant purchase.

Tried on and loved the S501, despite its huge dimensions it actually wears pretty well on small wrists. 

Theres a lot of invention & new tech that goes into their timepieces 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, GASHEAD said:

Great watch for the price. Bremont are very well made watches. No surprise that it's sold out now. Did the OP take the plunge?

I didn't mate.. Had reservations about the date window and hands. Been thinking about it non-stop though and pretty set on a Bremont now, so will definitely be trying some on when the lockdown permits, with a view to buying at some point during the year :biggrin:

11 hours ago, GASHEAD said:

Great watch for the price. Bremont are very well made watches. No surprise that it's sold out now. Did the OP take the plunge?

Are they considered more like microbrand ? I did not know that the watch enthusiasts are so interested in them.

Rgds

2 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Are they considered more like microbrand ? I did not know that the watch enthusiasts are so interested in them.

Rgds

I feel like they've been around long enough and have enough presence not to be seen as a microbrand.  They're gearing up production in the UK so that's of interest.  The watches are built like tanks, definitely on a par with the likes of Breitling.

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, GASHEAD said:

I feel like they've been around long enough and have enough presence not to be seen as a microbrand.  They're gearing up production in the UK so that's of interest.  The watches are built like tanks, definitely on a par with the likes of Breitling.

Built in UK like assembled here or parts are produced here as well?

Thanks for the info.

Rgds

5 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Rgds

Blimey, where have you been hiding?

With 2 boutiques in London, and abroad in New York, Hong Kong and Melbourne and having waited 5 years to produce the brands first watch and now well established in the luxury watch market with their soon to be fully open 'Bremont Manufacturing & Technology Centre, they have never been in the microbrand niche!

THE BREMONT MANUFACTURING & TECHNOLOGY CENTRE: BRINGING BACK BRITISH W

Edited by Caller.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Caller. said:

Blimey, where have you been hiding?

With 2 boutiques in London, and abroad in New York, Honk Kong and Melbourne and having waited 5 years to produce the brands first watch and now well established in the luxury watch market with their soon to be fully open 'Bremont Manufacturing & Technology Centre, they have never been in the microbrand niche!

THE BREMONT MANUFACTURING & TECHNOLOGY CENTRE: BRINGING BACK BRITISH W

Thank you for the link, however I tend not to trust these paid articles.

Glad to know that you are happy with them ( real life experience and feedback).

13 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Thank you for the link, however I tend not to trust these paid articles.

Glad to know that you are happy with them ( real life experience and feedback).

It's not a paid article. It's produced by Bremont for their website. Are you saying you don't believe this building is being built? Think of the investment that involved. They already manufacture many parts of the watch themselves, cases for example, are all made in-house and I like many others are looking forward to them introducing their own movement. The new HQ was planned to have been opened in October but got delayed by the pandemic. 

Here's the architects comments. Interesting to know the new building will include a 'museum of British Watchmaking'.

Bremont - Spratley & Partners - Architects (spratley-partners.uk)

Edited by Caller.
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Caller. said:

It's not a paid article. It's produced by Bremont for their website. Are you saying you don't believe this building is being built? Think of the investment that involved. They already manufacture many parts of the watch themselves, cases for example, are all made in-house and I like many others are looking forward to them introducing their own movement. The new HQ was planned to have been opened in October but got delayed by the pandemic. 

Here's the architects comments. Interesting to know the new building will include a 'museum of British Watchmaking'.

Bremont - Spratley & Partners - Architects (spratley-partners.uk)

Since Rolex called the Aegler movements in-house ,I have some reserves and doubts when something,even obvious, is claimed. 

But thank you for the lovely read.

Rgds

47 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Since Rolex called the Aegler movements in-house ,I have some reserves and doubts when something,even obvious, is claimed. 

Always assumed most(?) WIS knew of the close association between Aegler & Rolex, which has been the case since 1905, up until 2004 when Rolex purchased Aegler outright.

Similarly with PP, VC, Breguet, Blancpain, JLC, who have sourced ebauches from the likes of Schild, Lemania, Frederic Piquet, Valjoux.  Some of these movements have been developed with shared research, input, from the end assembler, distributor.

Certainly nothing to worry about IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1