• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I think it’s hard to say an overall best as different things exist in each pricing tier and style, a few note worthy ones:-

Sub-£50:- Casio MDV-106-1A Duro

Sub-£200:- Orient Kamasu

Sub-£500:- Hamilton Khaki Field Auto

Sub-£850:- Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro

Sub-£1000:- Sinn 556 A RS

There are LOADS of others though but these would be my choice if I was currently looking for a bang-for-buck watch.... who am I kidding, I’m always looking for my next watch (Omega Seamaster 300M or 2021 Speedmaster next on list... possibly before Easter).

Edited by Rookie1986
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't luck come into it a bit?  My most expensive watch ticks all my boxes and runs 4 secs per day fast, my cheapest auto - Chinese made with Miyota movt. - ticks most of them (in common with my 'best' watch has stainless 40mm case, no crown guard,  sapphire crystal, screw-down crown, solid link bracelet, 20mm lugs) and gains 1 or 2 seconds per day (since I regulated it).  Under £80.00 I think.

Both 3-handers, one fully polished, the other fully brushed, so slightly less bang, but far fewer bucks too!

Obviously if you can get a watch that pays you to own it, that means negative bucks, but only when you cash out.  To your kids, prolly lol, it's not going on your balance sheet!

Seiko Monsters 1st Gen, both mine cost less than £200 of our GBP's.

Divex, as has been a topic recently, is bomb proof for the money.

I love an Orient for quality, value and accuracy. 

I own all of the above and enjoy wearing them and less than £800 in total.

Probably Seiko, superb reputation and cater for all budgets, from the easily affordable to literally thousands of pounds.

Oris have a great reputation and for value for money, all automatic with no battery powered models nowadays.

Orient, Vostok and Tissot for me.

Orient produce a great range watches at a reasonable price. 

Vostok. Fun, quirky and very affordable. An in house hand made automatic watch for under £50 ? 

Tissot do sapphire glass at price point no other company on their level does. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Toonsider13 said:

Looking forward to  getting peopkes views i personally  think oris 

I have an Oris big crown pro pilot and as much as I love it I felt let down when I had to send it back to them for a minor repair (rotor was moving when hand winding)it was less than a year old

26 minutes ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

Longines Conquest Auto and Breilting SuperOceans are about the best value watches around at the moment I reckon.

The Longines can be had at stonking discounts when you search hard enough I think Burrells have one with 40% off rrp so that does make them an absolute steel.

• Like 2