• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Sunday Newish Watches Since 1990.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's wet, and it's cold, and I haven't the faintest idea why I got up at this unearthly hour of the morning... Humbug!

Rainy day in Jersey so cheering myself up with this one 

Not posted on here for a week ..or three! This one for today....the snow has come down...so Im staying indoors!   Nice little Heuer Monza for me today.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, artistmike said:

It's wet, and it's cold, and I haven't the faintest idea why I got up at this unearthly hour of the morning... Humbug! :crazy5vh:

I take that back, it's a lovely morning for a brisk walk, though there's definitely a few showers around and the tide is out ! :biggrin:

50869416981_aa18987ea0_o.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
19 minutes ago, trameline said:

Elliot Brown Canford  these are easy on my old eyes .

0B988FC5-9427-4E54-BBFD-C744479F102F.jpeg

Have been so close to buying one of these and also the  GMT  'Broadstone'

I did have an Elliot Brown Holton Professional, but I found the 'special tool' strap changes too pesky (I do like a change of strap) and the bars too close to the case for many of my favourites - even the standard 1.5mm G10 - the Elliot straps were a more flexible 'webbing' material.  But ace legibility, I agree.  And tough as old boots.

While waiting for the temperature to creep up I decided to put this back on the original 23mm bracelet, and it's not bad.  A bit stuffy, but better suited than any of the straps I could find to fit this case.  The taper helps.

IMG_20210124_104008176(1)(1).thumb.jpg.577273a7ffa41b857bbecfa0c06526fd.jpg

IMG_20210124_104029730(1)(1)(1).thumb.jpg.abd5042f876cdcfb4187cf7970d14bf1.jpg

And the currant bun has put in a watery appearance - last time I 'waited for the weather to improve' before venturing out it just got worse, and I ended up getting soaked, so nice to see a plan come together this time, for a change.

HAGD

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1