• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Roy

Paypal

Paypal if used as it should be is quite safe but so was chip and pin!!!!!However You'd attract a lot more business from across the pond and there's absolutely no harm in asking for an extra 3% to offset the Paypal fee. :)

they charge you to take your money out of your account.

Er, they dont if youve more than £50 to transfer.... else its only a 25p fee. I agree it would be better if free, but its not exactly a huge fee and lets face it cash in paypal last seconds with me! :blink::ph34r:

Im a big fan of paypal - its simple and easy to use and Ive bought and sold 10s of thousands of pounds on it. (mostly selling when I sold up the contents of my attic when I left the UK)

Now all you need to do Roy is start putting US$ prices on your site and you'll get the Americans buying in droves... Although I wish I got £1 for everytime someone asked me if I accepted US$ on paypal... er hello?! it converts it for you and you can pay in 20+ currencies! I think I might start adding xe.com links in my sales posts as well... ;)

I like Paypal from a buyer point of view but as a seller you are open to fraud(chargebacks). Certainly good verified feedback is a good guide to the seller/buyer.

I have been taking Paypal now for a few weeks and now they have restricted my account for no reason other than I am taking money and getting them a lot of commision. :(

They are holding all customer payments indefinetly.

We have observed activity in this account that is unusual or potentially high risk.

I have sent them proof of posting and no customers have complained to them. It is a joke.

They have asked for all sorts of information and even want supplier invoices which I have had to fax to them five times now and they still state that they have not received them.

Looks like I am over a grand out of pocket at the moment with no way to get it released. :(

I should have read more of the articles on this site : http://www.aboutpaypal.org/

Sorry to hear that Roy :( again it's not what you would expect from Paypal but after reading that it does raise some questions.

I do hope you get is sorted soon.

Whoo Hooo, account has been restored, I can now pay some bills. :lol:

Paypal get one more chance from me and then I'll pull the plug. :nono:

Glad you got it sorted Roy....

Nice bit of interest if they do this with everyone ;)

Do Paypal release financial reports?

I have never liked the idea of Paypal, never used it, never intend to, and don't trust it. I hear of too many problems, and it must be primarily there for the benefit of itself!!!

Roys problem with it is a deplorable example :(

Edited by Griff

I have used it now for two years without any problems.

They have to abide by money laundering regulations and any account that triggers the monitoring software will be frozen until you can prove otherwise.

Now they hasve satisfied themselves that Roy isn't Russian mafia or an international terrorist fundraiser he should be OK :lol:

'Ang on.....................how do you know he 'aint Russian Mafia!!???? :P:ph34r::D

'Ang on.....................how do you know he 'aint Russian Mafia!!???? :P:ph34r::D

I don't ..... but Paypal don't think he is :lol:

Jot, the Phantom Archer :lol:

"Robin Hood, Robin Hood,

Riding through the Glen,

Robin Hood, Robin Hood,

With his band of men.

Feared by the bad :ph34r:

Loved by the Good :)

Robin Hood. Robin Hood! Robin Hood!!"

No wonder John's mate is warming to Hoodies :o . It's part of our culture innit :lol: ;) .

Jot, the Phantom Archer :lol:

No wonder John's mate is warming to Hoodies :o . It's part of our culture innit :lol: ;) .

:sadwalk:

My solution for hoodies is to bring back stocks ..... it would soon solve the problem, or maybe reinstate the old town butts ...... and tie a hoody to the target for archery practice :naughty:

My solution for hoodies is to bring back stocks .....

I just don't know where I would find the time to go and throw stuff at them, then again I would make time... ;) Half brick anyone?..... :naughty:

Now, now gentlemen :nono: .

These youfs are just shy, callow, young people with acne problems......... just like myself :(:P .

Edited by raketakat

A far worse punishment would be to lock 'em up in a cell with 24hour loud piped Carpenters!!!! :o

Edited by Griff