• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

White dials (textured is better?)

mrzee

I’ve wanted a white dial watch for a while and would really like a snowflake if money was no object. 

What are your favourite sub £500 white dialed watches?

I have been looking at these Seiko zen garden watches https://www.francisandgaye.co.uk/seiko-presage-gents-zen-garden-silver-automatic-watch-SSA395J1-p27863/s33678

but are there others I should be considering?

Edited by mrzee
  • Like 2

Thanks @JonnyOldBoy the Visodate is a gorgeous watch and I have had one previously.

Tissot Visodate with brown leather croc strap

The dial was white but felt more creamy to me. Dunno what it is about the textured dials; maybe it’s because I’ve never had one.

If I knew someone who modded Seikos maybe I could get one built.

Thats a nice watch @bowie

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, mrzee said:

Thanks @JonnyOldBoy the Visodate is a gorgeous watch and I have had one previously.

Tissot Visodate with brown leather croc strap

The dial was white but felt more creamy to me.

Yes the gold version does make the dial look more off white that the steel rimmed version .... I did notice that. The new Seiko diver in white is nice , and around £500 ..... not quite to my tastes but I saw it in the arcade in Glasgow last year and it's certainly got presence.....

• Thanks 1

I like this, it's a new one in my collection. No texture and it's a 24 hour dial so it takes a bit of getting used to, but its clear and easy to read, and way below £500. The bracelet is pants though, if I keep it and get on with it I may purchase a better quality solid link bracelet for it.

1h2UIGxh.jpg

EDIT: Seiko Samurai can be bought with a white waffle dial which looks great IMO, around the £500 mark

Edited by thewhiz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mrzee said:

I’ve wanted a white dial watch for a while and would really like a snowflake if money was no object. 

What are your favourite sub £500 white dialed watches?

I have been looking at these Seiko zen garden watches https://www.francisandgaye.co.uk/seiko-presage-gents-zen-garden-silver-automatic-watch-SSA395J1-p27863/s33678

but are there others I should be considering?

You’d probably get a good preowned one of these for around the 500 mark

6EFAF28E-131D-484F-95AA-D7ACF6A01185.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, clearly didn't read the part that said sub 500. Ignore my post, I can't remove it unfortunately :ooops:

What about a SARY055? Picture from Reddit.

r9d278vqaa701.jpg

Or, you can always try and find a used/discounted SARX055 (baby snowflake) but think that may still be a bit above 500. Pic from Two Broke Watch Snobs.

seiko-SARX055-review-baby-grand-seiko-5.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

How about this 'Nautilus' homage from Seiko (7s36-5000 'Superior')?

t1xhQfx.jpg

I bought it (mildly knackered)on eBay about 6 years ago for £7.50......I have replaced the balance and fitted a new crystal...

Or this vintage quartz (4823-5017) from 1976.......

4SlmtdJ.jpg

Edited by John_D
  • Like 8

Always liked this Seiko - ssb227p1 -  face is far far nicer in person than it ever looks in pictures, meca quartz 8t63 movement, and cheap too (if you can still find one) - hovers around £150-200 mark:

p?i=4652a3bd3e04aafb8b90373ad21b2a34

..obviously nicer once you've binned the horrible Seiko black mock croc strap it comes on too..

Edited by Perlative Cernometer
  • Like 4