• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Binge Worthy TV Series

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best series of all time "The Sopranos" - I don't think it will ever be bettered   Two other superbly written, produced and acted series are: "Mad Men"   and "Dea

The bridge both versions, Poldark, Outlander, The Queens Gambit, The Crown (though that did get a bit silly), Homeland, The Bay is most excellent as is His Dark Materials.  Most of the Walter Presents

queens gambit  and the Bay defo on the list  watching the alienist  at the mo  pretty good at least a 7.5 and only watched 3 episodes 

Posted Images

The full series of The Serpent is available on BBC iPlayer & is well worth watching, we've also recently enjoyed wstching the 1st series of The Bay (ITV hub), Netflix shows (not all are new ones & may not be available now) Stranger Things, Godless, Mindhunters, Queens Gambit, Unbelievable (may not be on now but it's brilliant). I've just started on Snowpiercer which doesn't seem bad & I've heard good things about Lucifer & Peaky Blinders but I've not watched either yet. 

Hope this helps :thumbs_up:

Edited by pauluspaolo

I was hesitant to watch His Dark Materials over the last year as it kind of looked a bit lightweight. 

Watched the first one about 10 days ago - now both series binged! 

Really exceeded my poor assumption.

I'm also finding Cobra Kai a really fun watch! 

Not sure if all of these are available but series i have recorded and enjoyed are.Jamestown,Poldark,Band of Brothers,Pacific,Boardwalk Empire,Rome,Spartacus,and the recent re make of Black Narcissus.There are many more but my wife has just put her soaps on the TV and my brain has scrambled! :mad0218:

I have the attention span of a five year old and rarely binge watch anything. Runs to four season on BBC Iplayer so free I was hooked after the first episode and watched it all, if you like this sort of thing worth a watch.

The only minor problem was I was never sure whether they were in Sweden or Denmark 

:laughing2dw: :laughing2dw:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1

The bridge both versions, Poldark, Outlander, The Queens Gambit, The Crown (though that did get a bit silly), Homeland, The Bay is most excellent as is His Dark Materials.  Most of the Walter Presents on Ch 4, favourite being Code 37, sex crimes and finally, Money Heist.

We don't watch 'regular' telly anymore, there is far too much good stuff out there to binge on, standfast Countryfile and the spring/summer/autumn/winter  watch

• Like 4

BBC three part adaption of Dracula is good, many aspects of the Dracula legend are adhered to plus episode three is set in modern day London, whats also good about it is the dark subtle humour, its genuinely funny in parts, Dracula is dead cool but utterly evil at the same time.

Edited by sabailand
  • Like 1

The Repair Shop, and The Repair Shop-Repairing Britain on BBC iPlayer. The latter programme goes into more detail about the fixes...typically, they do three per show. The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, also on iPlayer. Friday Night Dinner on all4. All the Ip Man films on Netflix.

• Like 1

The best series of all time "The Sopranos" - I don't think it will ever be bettered

1*HJsr0PZ0EZ0fCIL11-vqAw.png

Two other superbly written, produced and acted series are:

"Mad Men"

large-MM.jpg

and "Deadwood" Ian McShane is brilliant and an inspired bit of casting

tileburnedin?size=1280x720&format=jpeg&p

• Like 4

Old but good - Columbo - 10 series (with the 10th split into 2 volumes)

DVDs are getting harder to find in UK format but pre-owned still available, not sure if they are on Netflix or Amazon Prime but worth watching if they are

1*ZJL0iLvbm-f6dzAI28KIyw.jpeg

All 3 series of 'The Windsors' on Netflix. Harry Enfield as Prince Charles heads the cast in this parody of the Royals. The two girls who play Beatrice and Eugenie are superb and their 'sloane' accents are priceless. Kate is portrayed as a Romany and Anne bears a striking likeness to Nanny McPhee.

Image result for the windsors season 4

20 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

All 3 series of 'The Windsors' on Netflix. Harry Enfield as Prince Charles heads the cast in this parody of the Royals. The two girls who play Beatrice and Eugenie are superb and their 'sloane' accents are priceless. Kate is portrayed as a Romany and Anne bears a striking likeness to Nanny McPhee.

Image result for the windsors season 4

:sign_wtf:

I will stick with Columbo :laugh:

• Haha 1