• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Where should I buy my watches from?

xadambx

14 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Once you have 50 meaningful posts you will be able to view the sales section. :yes:

From the forum terms and rules;

"Restrictions on New Members
Until they have reached 50 posts new Members will not be able to send personal messages, see member profiles, some sub-for or the Classified sales section."

There’s a sale section? Maybe I shouldn’t ask... this could be dangerous for my bank balance...

• Haha 1

The only piece of useful advice IMHO which is missing from this thread concerns the value of seeing and feeling a piece on you wrist before you purchase. It can quite change the impression of a watch.

Obviously ADs (when open) are useful in this regard (except Rolex). But, providing you are prepared to travel, doing deals face to face is perfectly possible on this forum or TZ-UK. Don't be afraid to say no if the piece does not suit, but for good form try to make it up to your vendor in some other way. You meet some interesting people in the process..

Obviously though, the economic option is to sit at home and purchase online  --  and take your chances.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yokel said:

The only piece of useful advice IMHO which is missing from this thread concerns the value of seeing and feeling a piece on you wrist before you purchase. It can quite change the impression of a watch.

Obviously ADs (when open) are useful in this regard (except Rolex). But, providing you are prepared to travel, doing deals face to face is perfectly possible on this forum or TZ-UK. Don't be afraid to say no if the piece does not suit, but for good form try to make it up to your vendor in some other way. You meet some interesting people in the process..

Obviously though, the economic option is to sit at home and purchase online  --  and take your chances.

Ok Ok ,,,, so TWO sane people on here ..... :laugh:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, yokel said:

Thats some great advice, thank you! And thank you everyone else for the help! I'm only 20 years old and new to the hobby, which means a lot of people I've spoken to about watches have been somewhat snobby towards me, but it seems I've stumbled upon a lovely place here

1 hour ago, xadambx said:

Thats some great advice, thank you! And thank you everyone else for the help! I'm only 20 years old and new to the hobby, which means a lot of people I've spoken to about watches have been somewhat snobby towards me, but it seems I've stumbled upon a lovely place here

Yeah, ignore the snobs, they exist in every hobby (I also collect men’s high-end fragrances and the snobbery in that niche is unreal). Most people here are great and very helpful/knowledgeable, but the best thing is they are welcoming to everyone which is great!

Hows the search going down far? I think you had mentioned possibly going for a Kamasu?

58 minutes ago, Rookie1986 said:

Hows the search going down far? I think you had mentioned possibly going for a Kamasu?

Yep, I'm thinking of getting it with the blue dial. Really liking the look of it and excited to order at the weekend! Can't wait to unbox my first.

I'm also seeing how addictive this hobby is. Haven't even got the Kamasu and already want five others. Though maybe that'll settle once I have one on my wrist

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xadambx said:

Yep, I'm thinking of getting it with the blue dial. Really liking the look of it and excited to order at the weekend! Can't wait to unbox my first.

I'm also seeing how addictive this hobby is. Haven't even got the Kamasu and already want five others. Though maybe that'll settle once I have one on my wrist

Can’t go wrong with the Kamasu, amazing watch for the money and a great first purchase, I’ve got one in black but wish I had got the blue (the blacks too uninteresting imo), let us know how you get on but most importantly make sure to upload some photos once it arrives!

• Thanks 1