• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Best colour strap for gold watch

For me I would normally prefer to go with light brown to dark brown depending on the dial colour, lighter the dial darker shade of brown strap and vice versa. But have a couple with black straps and they look ok too.

Thinks up to personal taste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

I like alligator strap also, I think @Graham60is right, dial colour makes a difference.

a626f6e76d7300e562318ac79228a123.jpg?epi

On a completely different tack, I am currently restoring the Bakelite radio depicted in the 1946 advert that the Excalibur with the ostrich strap is sitting on.......

• Like 1

While I’m not generally a fan of black leather straps I do agree that occasion and dial colour do make a difference.

I usually go for a mid to deep brown but did have a gorgeous Hirsch burgundy strap for my Tissot.

Tissot Visodate Hirsch Lizard Strap

And dark brown on my DeVille

Omega De Ville Megaquartz with coffee

• Like 1

I tend to prefer brown/Oxblood on gold and black on stainless but any colour can end up on a watch dependent upon what I have at the time!!

MRmI8DJ.jpg ZYmDeF2.jpg

MDzgDt2.jpg lB2JjTq.jpg YFmExxQ.jpg

These two are the wrong way around, I don't think it matters too much actually!!

EAkJuYO.jpg

John :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Blue?
Mickey Mouse.

That looks a bit "Mickey Mouse" .:laughing2dw:

Brown, burgundy etc does look better, but not with a black suit. Honestly, who wears brown shoes with a black suit. :sign_wtf:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. :rofl:

d960a82a3a14ce655512b67915905107-768x115

• 2 months later...