• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Sirrush Corbetti

We are a Swedish micro-brand launched by a small group of watch enthusiasts with a mission to create durable yet affordable Swiss-quality watches.

The SIRRUSH is a mythological creature depicted on the magnificent Ishtar Gate of the city of Babylon. As one of three sculptural reliefs representing deities, this mighty beast conveyed a powerful message to all who entered the gate – “Babylon is
protected and defended by the Gods”. As the main gateway to the city, the Ishtar Gate was designed to make a big impression and beside the gate a plaque explaining its purpose and design could be found: “I placed wild bulls and ferocious dragons in
the gateways and thus adorned them with luxurious splendour so that people might gaze on them in wonder.”

• Like 1

Swedish design it may be, but there is nothing particularly Swedish or fascinating about the design of this chronograph. Having said that, there is nothing inherently wrong with the design either, and if the watch lives up to the blurb on the Kickstarter campaign then it seems to be a respectable and well-specified watch at a fairly reasonable price. I especially like the quite well-integrated combination of quartz chronograph and diving timepiece, powered by a decent jewelled Swiss movement.  As a final note, I did wonder about the use of the word "handcraft" in the Sirrush Watches Kickstarter campaign literature; At the price-point of these watches, it is surely a stretch of the imagination to claim that the watches are actually handcrafted.

• Thanks 1

TBH Very nonplussed by them, I think they are overpriced for a kickstart campaign, looks wise, there are dozens of Citizen, Pulsar, Sekonda out there on a Par.

Build wise, I think a similar spec orient, seiko or one of the above will be on a par but cheaper.

So, thanks for a look-see, but not special enough or different for me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sirrush Watches said:

We are launching Sirrush Corbetti on Kickstarter on Monday 15th February 10am Stockholm time.

Sirrush Corbetti KS campaign

We appreciate any feedback.

Thank you for your feedback. Fingers crossed for a successful KS campaign. All the finishing on the watch and bracelet is handmade. The leather strap is hand stitched. We have pushed our margins to offer a well made and reasonably priced watch.

Quite a tough market place to be playing in. If you think about already very established swiss made brands such as Tissot, Certina, etc who are all owned & backed by Swatch group. They all offer quartz chrono's in a similar price range not to mention C.ward I believe have some that can be thrown into the mix.

Having said that fair play for your efforts, finding USP's is extremely difficult these days.

Best of luck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Craftycockney said:

Quite a tough market place to be playing in. If you think about already very established swiss made brands such as Tissot, Certina, etc who are all owned & backed by Swatch group. They all offer quartz chrono's in a similar price range not to mention C.ward I believe have some that can be thrown into the mix.

Having said that fair play for your efforts, finding USP's is extremely difficult these days.

Best of luck.

Thanks.