• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

I disagree.  These are revolving discs, not a jump hour, so for 45 minutes out of every hour it is difficult to read.  I would think they had to set the watch up especially to read 10.10, as the hour disc should have been 1/6th of the way to 11 o'clock 

A proper jump hour would have been a better solution

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Mart said:

It's also a fair amount of money for a 70s style watch, when a real 70s jump hour can be had for far less.

The trouble is all the 70s ones I’ve ever come across have had pin pallet movements in them.  I’m assuming this being a Yema it has a half decent jewelled pallet movement inside. I unfortunately can’t read the time on them without reading glasses on, so all the ones I’ve ever owned I’ve always moved on 

Currently haggling with Yema directly for a 20% discount... gotta wait till tomorrow for an answer (they're sticking on 10% and a watch roll...). If I can get it at 20% off I'll take the plunge.

Only trouble is, I love both the black and the brown so I suppose I'm canvassing opinion, especially if anyones seem one in the flesh (the black looks classic but the brown seems to have some kind of iredesence?)

https://eu.yema.com/collections/digidisc

I agree - I think they both look nice - but also I think its a shame they didn't go the full jump-hour route.

I also quite like like this LED one https://eu.yema.com/products/yema-led-silver-ymhf1575-am but again, they went for a 'have to press a button to see the display' route - whereas with modern LED's and batteries I'd just wish they'd went for a display that was on all the time - as its a right faff to have to press the button.

If i wasn't in a 'not buying any more watches until pandemic is over phase' then I'd probably be buying one. 

Edited by KAS118

Sorry - just realised I hadn't answered your question of Black or Brown.

I think the Black would be easier to like with - and looks quite smart. The Brown is more 70's - so from that perspective might be more 'authentic'.

I think its a shame they didn't do that in red/maroon - because that would be the colour I'd go for in one of those. 

I'd be interested to know how you get on - would I like one in my collection - YES!!!

They wouldnt budge below 10% so right now it's a no (probably worth it still  considering the in house movement, what looks to be a decent finish and a rather lovely bracelet but I'll wait for used or further reducctions).

For me, the brown is more interesting but would it be as future proof as the black?

I think you should buy the colour you prefer - who knows what the future holds and you’re buying it fir you ‘now’.

In respect of the price - I think it is reasonable - however, maybe wait a while and see what happens?

Oddly I couldn’t find that many reviews on it - although there are quite a few customer reviews on Yema’s site and I note a number say the figures are quite small. I also think it’s a shame the numbers aren’t lumed.

However, the more I look at it the more I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered the brown... couldn't get any more than 10% discount but a nice looking watch roll as well as the case. £384 at the current exchange rate but I fully expect to pay import duty on top of that too

Rather excited to have something entirely different in my collection :biggrin:

On another note... I'm the winning (drunken) bidder on a Yema LED on ebay too :swoon:

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Just ordered the brown... couldn't get any more than 10% discount but a nice looking watch roll as well as the case. £384 at the current exchange rate but I fully expect to pay import duty on top of that too

Rather excited to have something entirely different in my collection :biggrin:

On another note... I'm the winning (drunken) bidder on a Yema LED on ebay too :swoon:

Ever since you’vew started this thread I’ve got ever stronger ‘lustings’ to get myself a mechanical digital/jump hour watch.

Can’t decide to go vintage or not but at £384 that dies seem a great value. Wish the dial was maroon rather than brown - but I’d be really interested to hear what you think of it when it comes.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KAS118 said:

Ever since you’vew started this thread I’ve got ever stronger ‘lustings’ to get myself a mechanical digital/jump hour watch.

Can’t decide to go vintage or not but at £384 that dies seem a great value. Wish the dial was maroon rather than brown - but I’d be really interested to hear what you think of it when it comes.

:thumbsup:

I'll post my thought of course... dont forget theres gonna be import duty on that £384

• Like 1
I'll post my thought of course... dont forget theres gonna be import duty on that £384

Yeah, and courier handling fees - but even so it has their latest in-house movement in it; some NOS single jewel jump hours are going for about that on e-bay.

For a new watch - with that movement - I think it’s a good buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow... ordered Sunday night at 10pm, it was delivered 10am today (Tuesday) from France, that's impressive!

Will post pics and a bit of a (non expert) review but so far the watch is delish; the free watch roll is lovely, the (faux?) Leather case is nice enough with the colours of surrender on the zipper pull, the two year warranty is written on a leather card (nice touch) and the watch is a heavy lump of reatro beautifulness.

No import fee email from DHL yet either :)

Happy bunny so far!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Wow... ordered Sunday night at 10pm, it was delivered 10am today (Tuesday) from France, that's impressive!

Will post pics and a bit of a (non expert) review but so far the watch is delish; the free watch roll is lovely, the (faux?) Leather case is nice enough with the colours of surrender on the zipper pull, the two year warranty is written on a leather card (nice touch) and the watch is a heavy lump of reatro beautifulness.

No import fee email from DHL yet either :)

Happy bunny so far!

That's great about the fee - say your photo and I think its looks wonderful.

Out of interest - how do you find 'reading' it?

:thumbs_up:

Edited by KAS118
On 08/03/2021 at 22:37, Jonesinamillion said:

Actually can I just check on that £384? 

Isn't it €590 - 10% = €531; so at an exchange rate of about £1.00 = €1.14 wouldn't it be about £465?

3 minutes ago, Jonesinamillion said:

Its 590 US dollars not euro :)

That's really weird - because you're right in that if you go to the UK Store it then sends you to the American one - that gives you the price as $590.

But if you go to the Europe Store (not the French) it then gives the price as €590......

However, my days of wondering whether to purchase this are over - as I just picked up this, which is supposed to be NOS, for €300.00 plus €20.00 postage and packing. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tissot-New-Timer-cal-2581/224116585300?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Posted (edited)

Had it on for a day so thought I'd share my thoughts...

In house movement for 400 quid, cant be bad! Is it accurate, no idea! There's no second hand (disc), I dont need accurate for this type of watch. It boasts 42 hr reserve and +/-10 secs / day

Legibility... poor, I'll look at my phone if I want to know the time :laugh: (it can be read but not at a glance).

It's heavy, it's all case, reassuringly heavy and wears nice.

Lovely logo'd drown, small, tricky to pull.

Brushed to the main face but lots of other facets and big sides which are all highly polished, a fingerprint magnet!

Caseback is screw down, embossed (probably etched) and lines up perfectly!!! 100m WR which is good to know.

Sapphire crystal housing a stunning brown iridescent face that looks stunningly different every time you look at it! Very very nice indeed, so glad I got the brown.

Bracelet looks lovely, rolled, a bit noisy, a bit pinchy on the hairs but they've gone now. It's the perfect look for the watch and is indeed nice enough. Easily adjustable and fees secure, etched logo to buckle.

Subltle (barely noticable) printed text to the dial and the yema logo etched to the case, nice touch.

Do I love it, God yes! Will it get worn enough? Hope so but its certainly stand out watch!

Packaging, despatch, comms, overall feel and finish are spot on.

I think Yema have pulled off something pretty special here and for not a lot of money.

20210310_06105220210309_184620

20210311_23210020210311_231956

Edited by Jonesinamillion
  • Like 2

Congratulations - it does look a stunning watch :thumbsup:

I wonder if the legibility would have been better if there was just a single numeral cut-out for the hour? But I guess, as on the Yema the hour doesn't 'jump' but just revolves, then you need the larger cut out to see the numbers when they're not centred.

The brown dial does look very interesting and I think was the right way to go - certainly that was the one I'd decided on if I'd ordered it.