• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hold on!...It's only 11.45...midnight is yet to happen here...perhaps it's different north of the border....

Instant ban.....Old man.GIF

Anyway...when midnight eventually reaches us mere mortals down south, I shall present this 1975 Seiko 'Pepsi'....yeah...sorry about the date...3 days out...:sadwalk:

Seiko 6139-6002 'Pepsi/Pogue'

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I see I have been beaten to the trench watch display!

Here is a screw case offering from 1914, which I am quite confident about, having found similar cases of the same age with very close serial numbers.

IMG_20210207_082819105(1).thumb.jpg.a5bef4c877bbacc2a9d40033ab418ab7.jpg

The strap is a bit greener, try this:

IMG_20210207_082643164(1).thumb.jpg.c204c1d7ad3c22acb825d28e5c47424b.jpg

The crown sets and winds, so it will serve for a while.  It probably used to have a crown like this:

1340200099_3_piece_case606559.thumb.jpg.263bf41366dac171939da78ce842ed3e.jpg

HAGD

Edited by Jet Jetski
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, tick-tock-tittle-tattle said:

1916 WW1 Rolex

4532df0956a52b30e7ec41ce5bb7c7c8.jpg

Have a great Sunday guys...stay warm, and frost free  :)

I'm not medically qualified, but looking at your arm in this picture, I would recommend some vitamin D capsules.

• Haha 4

Morning,

From the not-so-good old days of the GDR comes this Ruhla with its UMF 24-32, a movement which could charitably be described as “unsophisticated”.

Dating from around 1970, it’s a pretty dire specimen but if you were an ordinary citizen rather than one of the “more equal” elite, then your choices would probably have been limited to home-grown efforts like this.

Regards.

Ruhla v.2.jpg

Ruhla UMF 24 v.2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jet Jetski said:

I am wheezing out loud!

I guess if that was my arm I'd be the first one to think about going to see a doctor, but since my arm is neither foam filled, nor crushed velvet covered I think the medical emergency is more upholstery/haberdashery related.

I thank you all the same for your concerns over my welfare. :biggrin:

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, lds1973 said:

I love the style of these older watches, I just think they'd look tiny on my large ish wrists and the fact that I'm always wearing 42mm+ also. They are lovely looking. 

There's a chap on eBay makes marriage watches for the wrist out of old pocket watches.